Anyone Have 225 With Out Pinging Or Knocking

kaw Bill

Oct 1, 1999
I'd like to hear from those who are running a 225 with out having to run race gas. I was under the impresion Gorr did a whole bunch of kDX cylinders at one time. I'd also like to know what mods you're running and what altitude you ride at. Oh, Jetting as well.

thanks

kaw Bill

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by kaw Bill
I'd like to hear from those who are running a 225 with out having to run race gas. I was under the impresion Gorr did a whole bunch of kDX cylinders at one time. I'd also like to know what mods you're running and what altitude you ride at. Oh, Jetting as well.

thanks

kaw Bill

Mine was done in 2001, not 2002. Maybe Eric does them differently now? Mo-Better porting. Wiseco 750-P4 piston. Cometic gasket kit. FMF K35 “Fatty” pipe, Powercore silencer. Drilled Airbox lid. Boyesen power reeds. RB modified carb (36 mm) Jetting: 155/152 (depending) ,42, AEK-4, #7 slide, AS 1.5. Fuel: 93 Octane Mobil premium , 40:1 Mobil MX2T. Plug: BR7ES. Air filter: Twin Air – I use the No Toil system. No pinging, but it does make all the usual KDX clanks and rattles. Piston and cylinder looked great during top end inspection in April ( about 120 hours on the top end at that time). Altitude: 800 – 1800 feet.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom