Anyone live in the Northern NJ area?

JPstealth

Jun 14, 2002
well i wasnt sure where to post this but im desperate lol im looking for some riding partners im 17 and live in the Northern New Jersey area. i love riding, its my life but i have no one to share the passion with :ugg: . i currently ride a CRF450 and basicly will ride anything but im a air junkie if it has a slant and can be used as a ramp im already setting up a landing spot. im really into mx and freestyle. :aj:

is there anyone out there remotely close that wants to ride sometime?

catch me on AIM: JPstealth 88 if anyone wants to talk

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
JPstealth,

I am also in North Jersey, I am more of a trail rider, but I know of a lot of mx riders in the area. send me an e-mail, or an IM on aohell and let me know what area of north Jersey you are in, and I may be able to hook you up with a few new riding buddies, or if you are ever up for a great trail ride, let me know. I am in Morris County, and there are a few places to ride around here including some small motocross tracks. THere is another track which I am not sure if it is still there, but it was built by a retired pro motocrosser in his back yard, and he used to open it up on weekends. I know he sold some of the property, but I have heard that he made the track smaller, but it is still there. I am not sure if that is true, because that is not my type of riding. As I said, I like to keep my wheels on the ground. But I will check into that for you. It is in the Randolph area.

Dan

Last edited:

swingarm

Aug 15, 2002
scooter
I live in Randolph and have seen the track you are talking about. I hate to say it but I think it is gone. They built houses there.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
swingarm,

I know he sold half of the property to a developer, but he was going to rebuild the track on the rest of the property. I will give him a call and see if he still has the track. If he does, it would possibly be a good place for a DRN get together.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
scooter,

I also live in Northern NJ (Warren County). Are the trails you know about "legal"? Always looking for good legal places to ride. Are you going to attend the October Paragon ride?

Gary

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RV6junkie,

"Legal...In NJ hahahahaha now thats funny. Thanks Gary, I neded a good laugh today.

The only place in Warren county I know of where I have never heard of anyone being hassled, is the old railroad bed that runs from Hopatcong to the Delaware River. although you want to stay away from the Hopatcong end, and only go as far as the tunnel in Andover. The trails go much further than this (you can get down into phillipsbudg, and up to Port Jervis NY on these trails) but this is the only section I know of where you can ride without looking over your shoulder every 5 minutes to see who is trying to catch you. There are also trails off of this railroad bed, and some tracks that the local kids have made.

I am at Paragon almost every weekend, and I will be there in October, b ut only on Sunday, and I will be sporting the #393 on my bike in honor of Garret

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Scooter,

I live in Asbury and I ride those tracks. I have heard that people have had some problems here and there but I haven't actually spoke to anyone who has actually been hassled.

I look forward to riding with you and the other DRN guys. It would seem as though Sunday seems to be the day that most say they'll be riding.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
I'm in North Jersey and absolutely looking for riding buddies and places to ride! I had been going down to Jackson, but got hasslesd by the cops there last time, so no more of that. I would be interested in any trail, singletrack two track, open field, or easy woods riding. I'm still in the beginner/intermediate stages as I am just getting back to the sport, so I'll be mostly eating your dirt, but I am out there to have fun and fun I will have! ;) I am in New Providence (Near Summit) and willing to drive up to 1.5 hrs for a decent spot.

I will be doing the Paragon ride in October (weekend of the 13th) but want to ride every weekend between now and then so.....anyone interested???

RM250'er

~SPONSOR~
May 25, 2001
Hi Dave,

I live on the south side of 78 (exit 36) in Somerset County. I plan on going to Englishtown on Saturdays to ride on the MX track there in October. Let me know if you are interested.

I go upstate NY quite a bit and ride there. (about 1 1/2- 1 3/4 hours ride)

Jeff

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Englishtown sounds cool! I have never seen the MX track there....what is it like? I'd definately be into going down there! When are you going? This weekend?

Dave

RM250'er

~SPONSOR~
May 25, 2001
Hi Dave, I can't go this weekend, I have to go to NY for a race there on Sunday. I'm leaving Saturday.

I have never been on the practice track at E-town but I've raced on the MX track there.

The practice track LOOKS great.

PM me your email address.

I'll send you mine.

Maybe next week we can go. My son plays football Saturday morning so maybe we can meet at 1 or something.

Jeff

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I have raced the main track @ e-town. It's a good, fast track but because they have used so much fill to make the track the ruts get downright dangerous by the end of the day. I haven't ridden the practice track.

Dave, clean out your DRN mail. I tried to send you a PM but got rejected.

RM250'er

~SPONSOR~
May 25, 2001
RV6,

I agree with you. I raced there this year (out of my district) and really didn't like the condition of the track. The ruts became so deep, my frame dragged just going through them. Too much sand, especially in that back section.

Maybe if I rode alot on it I would adjust to that much sand but I didn't care for it. The layout is nice and I really like the Double-Double-Double across the front of the stands.

Jeff

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Inbox cleared I sent you a PM too.... I only had three messages in there? What is the quota here????

I am stoked for Paragon!!!!

swingarm

Aug 15, 2002
Going back to the old railroad bed that goes from hopatcong to the Delaware. I have riden it from landing to the river. the only place you have to worry is in Hopatcong where you have to go off the railroad bed to cross a road. The cops like to hide there. But on a sad note NJ Transit is planning to lay tracks and reopen that line. So like every other riding spot in NJ it will be gone before too long.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
There is another abandoned RR track that runs from Hampton to Alpha that I ride. Once again, lots of rumors about cops but I’ve never heard a first hand story.

It’s a good fast section but it crosses many small roads so you have to stop often to look for cars.

JPstealth

Jun 14, 2002
i raced at englishtown about 3 weeks ago. i raced one of the last moto's of the day and wow were those ruts a killer 4 poeple acutaly just stopped because how bad the conditions were 1/2 way through my moto. i like the jumps though that one step up was awsome and the doubles were great. i just think all i need is alittle more practice and i should have it down.. atleast i hope so. the practice track is fun though lots of jumps and u dont have to worry about loomy ruts either. :aj:

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
Scooter, I'd like to talk to you offline about this railbed, etc. Could you email me offline. email me at [email protected]
I'm a dual sport guy always looking for ways to hook sections up. I think I know which railbed this is that you are talking about, but I'd like to talk to you via emai.
Thanks,
Nick

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Welcome to DRN Nick. I'm sure you will find lots of information here on places to ride, as well as anything else you never wanted to know, and were affraid to ask.  Who knows, you may even make some new riding buddies in here.  And don't forget about the  [glow=green]Damn Yankees Ride[/glow]

Oh yeah....You have mail

Dan

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom