Anyone Try The Fender Pack Advertized Above?

DMKAL

Feb 9, 2002
I'M LOOKING FOR A USEFUL FENDER PACK FOR MY 98 220. I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NOW. RIDING WITH A FRIEND LAST WEEK I FOUND WE DIDN'T HAVE FIRST AID SUPPLIES AFTER HE JUMPED OFF A 4' BANK AND SLAMMED INTO THE OTHER SIDE. HIS KNEE IS HEALING. THE GOOD NEWS IS HIS 250RMX IS DOING FINE! IS THE STOCK KDX BAG WORTH BUYING?
THE DBG BALLISTIC FENDER PACK ADVERTIZED ABOVE LOOKS GOOD. HAS ANYONE TRIED IT?

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
DMKAL,
Not sure about the "Fender Pack Advertized Above", however, the stock fender pack is big enough to house a small first aid kit, only if that is all you wish to carry there. I ride with some people who use the fender pouch for a small tool kit and use some type of pack made by MSR that straps to the back of their chest protectors for 1st aid. We figured that this makes sense since usually you have to fish someone out of the trees or from a ditch to render first aid, if you couldn't get your bike to the "casualty" it would be tough to run back and forth with a handful of meds. Look for a fanny pack or the MSR pack, not sure how much they cost, but to be able to shuck a chest protector and start working as opposed to running for tape or a pressure dressing could save someone's life. Good luck and glad to hear that the RMX is doing fine!

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
Hi,

CO Dan here from dirt-bike-gear.com, doing a little product research.

In response to a request from a potential customer with an 02 KDX 220 I went down to the local Kawasaki dealer to take a look at KDXs.

My 10x4x3 bag will fit the current bike (200 & 220) just fine. About 3/4s will sit on the fender, the last 1/4 on the top of the taillight. Unless you insist on loading the tail end of the bag with rocks, the taillight lens should support it with no problem.

However, an 8x5x3 would fit it even better, and I am thinking about making one.

Questions
1) Would 8x5x3 fit 200s & 220s for the recent years?
2) Any idea of how many KDX riders might want a fender pack? The original looks pretty cheap and I'd guess that a lot of riders end up pulling it off after a year or two, but I might be wrong.

Thanks

Last edited:

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
Dan, just FYI, I would really like a wallet and documents type bag. Small, sort of like the kdx stocker, but mounted permanently (not with straps). I have a Moose front fender bag with the tools etc., but don't like digging thru there for cash at the gas station or whatever. A small one on the back fender might be a good idea (?)

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Hey Dan, Thanks for taking time to write back. Most KDX stock fender packs arent removed they BREAK! The zipper is pretty weak and the inner rivets tend to pop through the base.

I personally would love a fender pack but I too dont want a big pack hitting me in the butt every time I slide back. I have a "almost new" Moose pack that I took off because it was too big. How about a KDX replacement that is similar dimesions as the stocker KDX or some sort of roll out type like the MSR that lays relatively flat.

I am sure you spend some time building these up because they really look like stout units but you might want to consider several different designs.

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
Mike B,

I'm gonna go back and do some measuring today at my local shop.

The stock bag is really small. Too small for tire irons for example, maybe too small for some wrenches, particularly T-wrenches, which I use and really like.

A fender bag can be in the way a little. It's a tradeoff. With a fanny pack you've got to lift those pounds up every time you stand.

I've pretty much decided to produce a KDX bag, I'll let you know what I come up with shortly.

Thanks.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Maybe you could concentrate on one for the front fender to go along with the one on the rear fender (offer a package option). I can fully relate to not wanting to carry too much in a fanny pack, especially on long trips with large amounts of gear (Colorado comes to mind). I had to wear a backpack with my rain gear, etc., when in Colorado. I would much rather have a front and rear fender bag for the necessary incedentals.

DMKAL

Feb 9, 2002
CO DAN,
I MEASURED MY 98 220 KDX AND AN 8"X5"X3" WOULD BE PERFECT. THE 10" IS JUST A LITTLE TO LONG. IF YOU END UP MAKING ONE, PUT ME DOWN ON YOUR E-MAIL LIST. I'LL BUY ONE. YOUR PRODUCT LOOKS LIKE IT IS BUILT WELL. THE 8"X5"X3" WOULD FIT ON THE FRONT FENDER TOO.
IT LOOKS LIKE MY TIRE IRONS WOULD FIT IN THIS BAG AT AN ANGLE.
LET US KNOW WHEN YOU MAKE IT.

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
Thank you folks for the input.

I will be producing an 8x5x3 pack shortly. I hope you KDXers like it. Yes, 8.5" tire irons will fit crosswise.

I'm working on the front bag too. It will strap or bolt -on and will work with an optional enduro score card holder (which will also fit the fender without the bag) for you racer types.

Again, thanks very much.

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
DMKAL and others,

I have 10 KDX sized bags (8x5x3) and inner bags in stock if you are still interested. Same design as other bags, just different dimensions. 8.5" tire irons (such as motion pros) will fit in the bag, crosswise.

Thanks

Top Bottom