Just Got My New Kdx Fender Pack!

DMKAL

Feb 9, 2002
I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR A FENDER PACK TO FIT MY KDX FOR OVER A MONTH. I FINALLY FOUND ONE! I ORDERED ONE OF THE NEW ONES FROM http://www.dirt-bike-gear.com/ AFTER SEEING THE AD AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM. THEY MADE A VERSION THAT FITS BETTER ON THE KDX FENDER. IT'S 8" X 4". THIS THING IS BUILT WELL. I MOUNTED MINE SIDEWAYS, BUT IT WILL FIT EITHER WAY. IT LOOKS LIKE IT WOULD BE PERFECT FOR THE FRONT FENDER TOO. I'VE NEVER MOUNTED ONE THERE. ANYONE HAVE AN OPINION ON FRONT FENDER MOUNTING? THIS PACK WAS $42, CAME WITH THE BOLTS TO MOUNT IT, AND WAS SHIPPED VIA US MAIL. CAME FROM CO. I THINK. ONLY TOOK 4 DAYS. IT'S CHEAPER THAN THE OEM AND LOOKS LIKE IT WILL OUT LAST MY BIKE! SURE BEATS THE FANNY PACK I USED TO USE. MY TIRE IRONS FIT IN AS WELL AS SOME TOOLS AND MY FIRST AID KIT. NOW I NEED A BACK PACK DRINK SYSTEM. ANYONE HAVE ONE THEY THINK IS A GOOD DEAL?

Sam650

May 3, 2002
I have tried several options but the best ones for me are the Camelbak products. I like the H.A.W.G. and the Transalp. They both allow for 100 oz. of liquid and ample storage space. The liquid is somewhat insulated so it stays cool for quite a while. They are not like the skimpy basic units that only carry liquid and maybe and map or something small. These bad boys can carry rain gear, food and some essential equipment. Currently Popular Surplus here in AZ has the Transalp on sale, usually $129.00 now only $79.00. My two sons have the H.A.W.G. and really like them, but they are just a bit smaller cargo capacity, but a very nice balance. I use the Transalp. Check them out.

--Sam

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I bought a drink system from Wal-Mart for $29 that incorporated a backpack design (3 or 4 different pouches) and uses a 70 oz bladder just like the camelbak does (I now have two - easy to swap at enduro's). It came in blue or red and works great! The cheapest camelbak I found was $39 and was nothing more than an un-insulated pouch and a bladder.

sean hodges

May 20, 2004
just buy a bottle of water for 75p and spend the rest on youre bike ,those water bags are dam hard to clean out and they can harbour germs.max out till blackout

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
It's still a nice fender bag, but I already have enough trouble slinging my leg over the tall seat foam saddle that my rear fender is heavily marred by my boot dragging over it. If I had to clear a tool bag full, I would need a stool to climb on board! Fanny pack for me and a skeeter water system from camelback. Only 36oz of water but enough for a morning. Then refilled at lunch for the afternoon so I'm not carrying a full 70oz around most of the day.

xTYBALTx

Mar 10, 2004
I know Camelback used to donate & support the Sierra Club. If they still do, we shouldn't buy their products for obvious reasons.

Why buy a product from a company that doesn't want our hobby to exist?

EDIT: After doing some research on the 'net, it seems that Camelback has ceased supporting the Sierra Club. Feel free to purchase, free of guilt!

Top Bottom