Anyone use MX-Tech To Do Their Suspention?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Be a little patient :think: you posted at a time when most people are headed home from work or sitting down to dinner and you expect an answer in 30 minutes?

That said yes we have used MXTech specifically the Illinois facility which is the home of MXTech guru Jeremy Wilke. He produced a great suspension on each bike to compensate for the fact my son was only 100lbs on both a CR125 and a YZ250F. Both set ups worked terrifically in all parts of a MX track.
As far as price I do not recall specifically but know it was far less then using any of the "BIG name" companies.
Be sure whoever you choose that you are honest about your riding level (not what you wish) and what you expect the suspension to do
Try the link on this page for more info and mention you are a DRN member when you talk to him.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
I had my 03RM250 done by MX-Tech. Definately worth it. Almost every one will tell you the best performance mod you can do for your bike is the suspension.

Before, I had problems with harshness in the small stuff and bottoming out in the big stuff. I could turn my adjusters 4 clicks and barely feel the difference. After, my suspension is plush, reactive, with great bottoming resistance. Now I can tell the difference between one and two clicks.

If you just get send in your forks and shock you will pay in the neighborhood of $800-$850. Sure the quoted service may be less, but you have to count on a few internals; seal, shims, o-rings and clips, being changed due to wear.

Did they do good fast work? Yes.
Am I happy with my suspension now? Yes.
Would I use them again? Yes.
What will the first mod I do when I buy a 4-stroke? Suspension

Hope this helps, Steve.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Jeremy has done all my bikes ... I don't have to be "honest" about my skill level... he's seen it (LOL!!!). No one else will ever touch my suspension. He makes me faster than I deserve to be.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I just dropped a box off at FedEx that is going to Jeremy Wikey at MX-Tech in Illinois. This will be bike #6 or 7 that he has done for me. Jeremy is the only one I trust to do my suspension and it's been that way for the last 13 years.

If you want specific pricing info it's best to contact them directly.

MX-TECH Suspensions
Jeremy Wilkey - Founder MX-TECH Inc. 1992
[office@mx-tech.com]

4136 W. 6940 N. Rd
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
Toll Free #: 877-850-5114
Fax: 815-936-9913

Top Bottom