Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Sorry, I just realized you're only 15. I'll leave you alone. Just keep in mind that someday you'll get to an age where you'll realize you're not half as tough as you once thought you were. Good luck, kiddo. :)

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
u know what i dont care what either of you think. if i want to be in the ufc and am willing to get beat up and work for it, then i dont see what the problem is.

what you dont realize is i already know all the things you guys said about being beat up. i watch what happens and that doesnt phase me. what do you want me to do to make you believe that this is what i really wnat to do and can do it.

also that comment about my first televised bout... hilarious :nod:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
LOL! You just don't get it but, I'm not suprised. All that's been presented is information to educate you. Obviously you are like most other people your age and already know everything and have it all figured out. If you bothered to read everything in the link I provided you would see that if you are serious there are options to train with serious players your own age. I was dead serious that maybe you would have the chance to compete with Sawyer some time but it seems you are taking it as a slap in the face? Again I'm not suprised your acting you age. The sooner you get over your ego and attitude the sooner you will be able to make real progress towards your goal, or you can let it hold you back like most wanna be's in any endevor.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
Patman said:
LOL! You just don't get it but, I'm not suprised. All that's been presented is information to educate you. Obviously you are like most other people your age and already know everything and have it all figured out. If you bothered to read everything in the link I provided you would see that if you are serious there are options to train with serious players your own age. I was dead serious that maybe you would have the chance to compete with Sawyer some time but it seems you are taking it as a slap in the face? Again I'm not suprised your acting you age. The sooner you get over your ego and attitude the sooner you will be able to make real progress towards your goal, or you can let it hold you back like most wanna be's in any endevor.

ha ha i cant help it im 15. i guess its just in my blood right now to act that way. but i have been looking for places around here to train with people my age. i think the local ymca has a jiu jitsu class. but that kid trains in texas.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
JD_MXRacer said:
ha ha i cant help it im 15. i guess its just in my blood right now to act that way. but i have been looking for places around here to train with people my age. i think the local ymca has a jiu jitsu class. but that kid trains in texas.

Wrong. I'm 15, I don't have the mindset you seem to think all 15 year olds have. The kid that Patman showed you, had been training since he was what..4? And he's winning events nationally. Sure, growing up I had aspirations to play Professional hockey. But you have to face it, there's what, 600-700 people that play in the NHL. You have to be the 1st to 600th best in the WORLD, to play professionally.

What my blabbering is trying to say is, if you want to play something professionally (UFC), you'd better be damn good at it and you'd better be really dedicated.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
i do realize that there is a slim chance that i will make it in the ufc. and i am willing to take that chance and train as much as possible. and if i dont make it right away (which i wont) i will fall back on my college degree and get a job. but dont worry i will still train and try again another time.

i guess i came off like i knew everything and i didnt mean to come off like that. i am jsut determined to try my hardest at whatever i want to do. sorry for acting like i knew everything. i guess i will just keep my amazing intelegence to myself... :laugh: that was a joke dont get mad

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yes "that kid" is in Texas but he has trained all over the world and attends events all over so there is no reason if you are as dedicated as him that you could not do the same. I happen to be familiar with him because he and my son were friends before he moved to a different school that has a wrestling program. No doubt starting early has it's advantages but you can also burn out. My son started TKD at 4 and was a 3rd degree black belt by 11. He lived for it and dominated in compitetions but burned out when he couldn't advance further until he was 14. Also keep in mind I was 15 myself long ago and as Moose pointed out you have the ability to control your mindset which is what is going to be the determining factor in EVERYTHING you do. I also have current experience with kids your age as my son will be 15 next week and can attest that age is not an excuse.

BTW did you notice the two "fighters" that ran their mouth the most were the two that lost tonight? The mindset of the two winners was to train & win.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
Patman said:
BTW did you notice the two "fighters" that ran their mouth the most were the two that lost tonight? The mindset of the two winners was to train & win.

i have noticed that in a lot of fights. i would love to be able to train all over the u.s. but i have a big family and i would probably never get a chance like that so i will stick with training around here and hope for the best.

i do know that you can control your own mindset. and i didnt mean that being 15 is an excuse to act like that. i really didnt mean to act like that.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
JD_MXRacer said:
and i didnt mean that being 15 is an excuse to act like that. i really didnt mean to act like that.
Well said... :cool: Sounds to me like you're more grown up than how you started to come off in the beginning of this thread. There are adults that sometimes don't realize when they're "acting like that". LOL

i am just determined to try my hardest at whatever i want to do.
Nothing wrong with that.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'd suggest if you have a deep desire then take a trip to Bettendorf and check out what's up at Miletich's camp. Obviously contact them first and see if it's OK to come observe, talk, whatever. Being high level professionals I doubt they will tolorate much BS but if you try your best to communicate as you would with a respected teacher or other authority figure you might just get an invite to check things out.

It's all good. :cool:

Top Bottom