anyone's opinion would be helpful

Aadolf

Oct 26, 2005
thanks for taking the time to read this and give me your opinion.
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'10'' 180
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
not very
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
pretty much everything but mx, stuff like trials woods fields that stuff
4) Do you have any riding experience?
no
5) Do you think you will race ?
no
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
minor stuff yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
i like yamaha and defintally 4 stroke
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
pretty much any brand
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
i'll have about 3000 to put down and finance the rest so 6700 around there
10) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
i dont really want a bike striaght for beginners that i'm gonna grow out of really quick and have problems selling so i can upgrade. i would rather buy a better bike at the start so i dont have to upgrade for a while or ever depending on what i buy.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You have zero motorcycle experience?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
If you like Yammies and 4 strokes, at your size I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be happy with the 250f.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I agree with PK if he is talking about the WR250F. Given you are planning to ride everything but MX It seems like a good fit. Personally for someone in your shoes I usually recommend a Kawasaki KDX200/220 but given you want to stick to Yamaha and a 4 stroke the options are pretty limited.

Aadolf

Oct 26, 2005
would it be worth spending the extra money and get the 450 or should i stick with the 250. and do u guys know what is different between the wr250f and the yz250f?

Jul 25, 2005
if you are going to be riding woods and I know you are you should get the best bike for the lowest amount of money. kdx220 they are relatively cheap and are very reliable and have good power. very low end orientated. it is probably the only 2 stroke that you dont have to rebuild every year. probably every 4 or 5 years. i love mine. just my .02 cents

Sherby24501

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2004
Why a four stroke ?

I would go with the lightest bike - I looked at WR250F and CRF250X, but they were too rich for my blood (cost) - I settled on a 03/KDX220 (sub 3K) my only regret is that for racing its not the best compromise (although plenty good enough for me).

Try a friends bike if you can

Top Bottom