motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
If you miss seeing the old three-wheelers on your favorite trail, come to NE Oklahoma! I saw more three wheelers today than any other time I have been to Appalachia Bay (the Keystone Lake riding area).

Well, anyway, went out there Saturday to ride with a friend. It was kind of dusty in spots. The lake was low enough (but just enough) to blast around the outside of the trees on the shore line of dry lake (inlet). My friend rode the Baja pre-ride last year (he said it was around 800 mile done in 5 days I think...). He was using Appalachia Bay as his training ride area before riding the Baja pre-ride so he knew the trails very well. I was on a lot of trails I had never been on before out there. We rode the West side shore line (opposite of dry lake inlet) and that side is very sandy. Wrenched my left shoulder and then hit my left shoulder on a branch! Oh well...

All in all, it was a good day... ...the temperatures were perfect and we got in a good two hour ride...

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
you must have really desperate for a ride to go out there. i used to ride there occasionally. i haven't been there in probably five years.

the other 19,000 three-wheelers that were made are at little sahara.

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Yeah, it wasn't my first choice for a place to ride. Shane is basically a woods rider and he picked the place we would ride, he lives on the East side of Tulsa.

When I suggested the 500 he said it was too far.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by motox757

When I suggested the 500 he said it was too far.

it's 110 miles for me and i've never used that excuse. if he's on the east side, maybe you could take him to the dam here. david would probably be interested in going. i think he usually has to ride by himself.

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Well, this Friday (11-29-02) I am going to see if he wants to go to the 500. I just wish that we could meet a little later in the day instead of at 8:00 AM at the gate! Damn early rising woods riders! LOL!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by motox757
I just wish that we could meet a little later in the day instead of at 8:00 AM at the gate! Damn early rising woods riders!

why are they like that?

any woods riders care to answer?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I don't particularly care for the really early rides but most cross country and enduro races start really early so that may be part of it.  I like to go early before it gets hot but it ain't hot in November.

mxvet101

Nov 23, 2000
I'm a tulsa rider looking for some new riding buddies...I prefer playing on moto tracks but like fast trails and dunes too..I don't ride gruber..my bike is way to stiff for the rocks. I have ridden with and against mx547 for a lot of years. He tells me some of you guys get together monthly or so for rides...count me in..if it's ok a sunday or monday..I work on satudays.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Very cool mxvet101.  Keep your eye on this forum and there will usually be a thread about a ride.  I'm going to the 500 tomorrow and possible JRP MX on Sunday.  They are racing then.  Check in on the Heartland Spodes forum for more chances to ride.  We have a really good group so come and join us anytime.

Brian

Last edited:
Top Bottom