Shift-MX

Feb 10, 2002
i just bought a decal kit (shroud) and a seat cover, some people say to put the new seatcover OVER the old one. But i dont think that would stand up that long. What should i do; take the old one off and put on the new one, or just slip the new one over the old one? Or should i just go to a shop and get it proffesionally done? Also with the graphics any recomendations for lining them up? i dont wanna screw up and end up throwing em away...Any help is apprectiated, thxs. :whiner:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
With the graphics get a spray bottle and put 50% water and 50% rubbing alcohol in it. Clean the plastic completely then spray the 50/50 mixture on it and then spray a little on the exposed sticky part of the graphics.

Slide the graphics in place and use a credit card to squegy <sp?> out the bubbles and excess water.

It helps if you take the shrouds off when you do it. It is a lot easier to put the graphics on the shroud that way.

Ivan

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I put my Ceet cover on over my stock YZ's cover. Never looked back. I have been using it since half way through last season and all this season, still just the way it was when I first put it on.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
By using the stock seat cover under the after market one you are extending the life of your investment.
Happy Trails!
PK

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
Be sure to put your seat cover on before the graphics. It's easier to line the graphics up with the seat than it is to try and line up the seat cover with the graphics. ;)

Top Bottom