LSUBrad

Apr 5, 2008
1) your physical size 5'11" 235lb
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? mid to high
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? TRACKS AND WOODS WITH FRIENDS
4) Do you have any riding experience?MINIMAL MOSTLY QUADS ONLY
5) Do you think you will race ?WITH FRIENDS NO SANCTIONED RACING
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? YES
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? HONDA 4 STOKE CRF250R OR CRF450R
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? YES
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? NOT AN ISSUE
10) Do you live in California? NO
11) Your age? 24
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion. LIKE TO GO FAST BUT NOT SURE WHETHER OR NOT THE 250 HAS ENOUGH POWER FOR MY SIZE. AND AM LEARY OF THE 450'S POWER TO POSSIBLY BE OVERKILL.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
450 would be a good choice for your size..

Just because it has the available power, does not mean you are somehow required to use it all.

My 450 is way faster than I am. No doubt about it, but I've found that it's really not that hard to ride it how I want to.

I have ridden my brothers KX250F and wasn't very impressed by the power. It's not slow by any means, but I know that if I want to, I can wax his a$$.

LSUBrad

Apr 5, 2008
Thanks for your input.

I agree with all your statements. I dont want to buy something and want more power in 6 months after the purchase.

You hit the nail on the head with power. I guess you can say I am sort of intimidated by the 450's power. I didnt want the bike to be difficult to ride, but like you stated, just because the power is there does not mean you must use it. Thanks again.

Top Bottom