dpdiehl

Apr 4, 2002
I've got a chance to buy new a "Summers Replica" Arai MXC-Pro for a great price. The only thing I'm not sure about is the two piece construction. Seems like it would be a bit weak compared to the typical full face helmet. Anyone have any experience with this lid?

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
I had one of the older versions of this helmet. Very nice lid! As for the protection of the chin bar, I don't think it is as strong or rigid as a "true full face". I spoke to an Arai guy a few years ago and he explained that the logic was that although it is not as rigid as the full face, the advantage is in that it is less likely to cause neck injury to the user in the event of an impact. I guess you could say it is a "kinder, gentler" version of the full face. <shrug> Don't really know for sure, but I have landed hard on my face in a full face Arai and kept my face, alas multiple abrasions.... On that same not I know of others who have broken jaws with a full face helmet on (and not a cheap one either...and it did fit!)

BikeDstroyer

Jun 30, 2001
I have one and have landed pretty hard on the chin bar you are talking about and didn't have any problems. By far the best helmet for me...I didn't like the ARAI helmets without the removable chin bar because my face felt too crowded.

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
It is my helmet of choice. My reasoning is that it simply the best fit for me, and a very top notch quality lid. Different helmet manufactures fit differently, let that be your guide. There are many different shaped melons out there.

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
Agree with everybody. I would never consider another brand and love my MXC. Light, comfy and strong. Though the top air vent gets "cleaned off" from time to time. SPares are about $8

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i love mine, & i like the flexy chin bar. it's tougher than it sounds. i have flexed it enough to pop off the finish, w/o injury. it's also the most comfortable helmet i've ever put on my big lumpy noggin. my next helmet will be a new 1 just like the old 1.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Ditto to the above, although I have the full face vxpro. Lightweight, and soooo comfy. Good venting to boot.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
I did a face plant on the hood of a full size chevy pick up truck about 6 years ago while street riding my 610husky in SF.
My Mx-a (the old mx-c) sheered all of its plastic screws but it absorbed the impact.
Man, did I mess up that pick up with my face!
My cheek was nicked by my glasses pushing into my face but to look at a pick up that appeared to have hit a telephone pole made me a believer.
I also have damn allergies and love being able to wipe my nose ny pulling the chin bar down when riding.
My new MXC is coming!
ye hoo!

azcab

May 6, 2001
The only problem w/Aria helmets is that they last so long and fit so well that you'll never want to buy another - unless of course you crash and need the superior protection they offer. I've had an MXC for years and curretnly wear a VX-Pro.

Top Bottom