loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
Hey guys i want to start getting into riding motocross tracks and GNCC riding.

For as long as ive been riding i consider myself a beginner rider when it comes to motocross, i can ride woods well but i just dont have any practice on a track.

So.... i wanted to get a membership to a track and practice, but am i go to walk away busted? Or are "real" motocross tracks better designed than the crap that i ride on over at my friends house. All he has is doubles, no tabletops nothing just a couple little 20' doubles and then it jumps right up to 60-80' doubles. (not a jump im will to attempt).

And they all are steep and the landings have basically straight faces (a little intimitading)!

Are the jumps at tracks usually able to be come up short on without... o i dont know.... death :yikes: ????

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I'm pretty sure a lot of tracks are beginner friendly. Just have to find one locally, that is. Maybe even finding beginner days, or clinics.

Just figure your way out around a track, before full out on it, ride over it slowly. Off to the side though. Figure out how fast you should be going to clear certain areas, where to accelerate, break etc.

I'm a beginner though, this is the only way I'd go about a full track. If I wasn't confident.

Last edited:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'd say that most professionally designed tracks are going to be way better and safer than any backyard track will ever hope to be. Unless that backyard track was designed and built by someone with experience racing and building tracks.

Now, are they safe for you? Hmmm... as long as you don't ride over your head, yeah, should be.

But, as you know already, motocross is an inherently dangerous sport and you could get hurt.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
In my area there's a track that's perfect for beginners, yet challenging enough to keep intermediates from getting bored.

There's also a supercross track built by one of the Pro track builders that is way over my ability. . .

It just depends on where you're at.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
My experience is that most tracks are beginner friendly with maybe a jump or two out there doable by only A-B riders and those are always "rollable". They have to appeal to kids and adults beginners - C riders because this is who probably 80% of their business comes from.

I agree with Chilli though, go check it out for yourself. That's really the only way to tell for sure.

loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
IndyYZ85 said:
I'd say that most professionally designed tracks are going to be way better and safer than any backyard track will ever hope to be. Unless that backyard track was designed and built by someone with experience racing and building tracks.

Now, are they safe for you? Hmmm... as long as you don't ride over your head, yeah, should be.

But, as you know already, motocross is an inherently dangerous sport and you could get hurt.

ive broken a femur racing the woods, so yah i kind of know how dangerous or sport is.

My motocross (jumping) expierence is limited, not my riding, racing or anything like that. Just to clarify

Top Bottom