mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Is it any fun??? Just wondering because I was thinking about getting some tickets since I have not been to anything like this before... Thanks for the input in advance... :cool:

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
I took my family to one for the very first time last year.
We had never ever done anything like it, never watched a single dirt event ever. I told them if they didn't like it they never had to go again.

It's like spectating anything- not anywhere near the same kind of fun as doing. But yes, it was fun enough to go again just to get us out of our normal frame of mind. We're actually just about to order some tickets for March.

We already got our tickets for our annual FMX event. :cool: (Would really like to see one of those outdoors/on dirt.)

ShoujoKakumei

Sep 14, 2007
I went to the Baltimore AX last weekend... It was a good show, good racing, but the crowd was massively unenthusiastic. Tickets are cheap enough (I paid $20 and had a great seat), so give it a shot if one's nearby. If you hate it there's no reason to go back - but I recommend bringing earplugs.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
I went to the ama arenacross race here in KC 2 weekends ago. Had a good time. It is NOT nearly as exciting as Supercross... mostly because I don't know many of the riders and the course is about 1/4 the size... but I saw some AWESOME racing action!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
The only thing I have to say about AX ... boring. The amount of wasted time between moto's and the silly anitics they have, it's just a really long night of nothing to me. I would much rather find a nice spot on a hare scramble course and sit against a tree to watch, or better yet actaully participate in the race.

Granted, the start gate girls are hot. The track is tough and the moto's are great action. The dash for cash is kinda fun, but I don't like sitting with nothing going on for that much of the evening.

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
huh. The event I went to had zero downtime, except an intermission like any other boring stadium event. I'd always give a thumbs up to anything outdoors or actually doing. But for someone new to this whole thing, going to a stadium event is probably a lot less intimidating than showing up at Millville for the first time. It's such a tame middle class thing. And it's gotta be better than monster trucks.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
fatcat216 said:
huh. The event I went to had zero downtime, except an intermission like any other boring stadium event. I'd always give a thumbs up to anything outdoors or actually doing. But for someone new to this whole thing, going to a stadium event is probably a lot less intimidating than showing up at Millville for the first time. It's such a tame middle class thing. And it's gotta be better than monster trucks.

I agree... There was very little down time at the event I went to... I had to scramble just to keep my beer full and bladder empty between rounds...

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Well, I guess the planning at Vet's in Des Moines wasn't all that great, I spent more time looking for beer and draining my bladder than I did watching the moto's.

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Rooster said:
Well, I guess the planning at Vet's in Des Moines wasn't all that great, I spent more time looking for beer and draining my bladder than I did watching the moto's.
;) :laugh:

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Just went yesterday and thought it was awesome. I would consider going again because the competition was just brutal. The kids on their KTM 65's was also cool. Thanks for your opinions and encouragement! :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom