Arm Pump caused by the Clutch?

RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
I have this RM 250 97, and can't ride for more than 15 minutes... After that, my left arm get pumped... I think it's because of the clutch lever that I pull every turn... Any hints on how to avoid that? :ugg:

RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
I don't have those little things (cabe lubers?) to attach to the cable end to lube it... How should I do it?

Clutch perks are really expensive down here... Do they really worth the pain in the pocket? Or just a new lever can make a good difference? :worship:

RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
Maybe I should give it a try... Problem is that those things cost a little under $100 here...

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
This doesn't work the best but try this take something like ziplock bag poke a hole in it or something similar plastic bottle it has to be sturdy enough but plyable enough to warp around the cable end use like a rubber band zip tie etc and tie it to the end. make sure when the fluids build up it will drain down in the cable housing opening. Do this in an elevated fashion and work the cable from the other end or just let it sit. Lube the cable from both ends working it back n forth to work the lube threw the cable housing. its way old school but it works okay and its cheap.

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
If you have access to Motocross Action Mag or Dirt Bike, there is a shop that advertises named Mr. X. They have an easy-pull lever and perch combo that costs US$35 and the lever shape is similar to stock, unlike the raptor :| . They probably have the cable lubers in stock too. I think they are around US$25.

Good Luck!

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Get a new perch and lever,check the routing of the clutch cable, and check the clutch cable itself.Do you have after market clutch springs in their?a lot of them are stiffer than oem.

RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
Thanks for the tip on how to lube the cable. It is well routed, and I've checked the basket for marks, but it looks like new. The springs are stock... Maybe it's just that I'm trying to bend the handlebar with my hands...

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
Although I would like to have the cable lube tool, I have never used one. I just use WD-40 and the little red straw that comes with it. I trim one end of the straw at a 45 deg. angle, insert the straight end into the can nozzle and the tapered end into the cable with the short side toward the cable/long side toward the sheathing and spray until lube comes out the other end of the detached cable. It's not a very good fit and I probably lose more lube than gets in the cable but it works. :cool: Duct tape and WD-40, tools of champions! :confused:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Slide the lever and perch inward an inch or so and it'll give you extra leverage automatically. Lubing is a good idea too.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…