Rmx 250 clutch drag and wont start when adjusted

Rmx1180

Aug 6, 2012
Hello all looking for some help here recently got a 91 rmx in great shape. Immaculate actually. Only problem I'm having is with the clutch . It was dragging a bit ( couldn't start bike unless in neutral even with clutch pulled in) slop in clutch lever little more than usual allowance so I adjusted the cable to take slack out of lever. Afterwards couldn't start the bike even in neutral and even when I tried pop starting it . Put cable back to original setting and started right back up . So i am a bit puzzled . Mechanically I'm pretty good I have done top ends no prob all usual maintenance but never clutches much on anything. Cars quads or bikes. Any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The fingers on the basket and inner hub are probably notched. The notches are worn in over time by the tangs on the plates and will prevent the plates from separating. They can be filed down but that is only a temporary fix since it will only wear faster the next time (due to more slop for the tangs to move around in). Save up for a new basket and hub. The basket will notch first but the inner hub will do it too.

Top Bottom