cybert

Oct 24, 2001
I just ordered my new enclosed trailer yesterday for my two motorcycles. The trailer does not come with tie down rings that I know of. I saw a product called the ATK bike shoe the other day at MX South and thought it might be a good alternative to installing tie down rings. Has anyone had any experience with these ? Are they worth the money and will I still need to use straps with them. Thanks in advance for any help.

John

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
We have used these with success for years. They trap the front tire securely but i aslo use a tie down to help stabilize the bike,probably not neccessary but just for ease of mind.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
We've got two of them in the trailer, great product. I don't use tie downs.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I have them, like them, and trust them. To a certain extent. I'm not saying they are flawed or anything. But on top of using them, I also use 2 tie downs one the bars, and 1 tie down to each side of the sub-frame to keep the back end in place. But hey, that's just me:confused:

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I've got five in my trailer. Driven some very rough roads and haven't dropped a bike yet. Tie-downs aren't required, but may give you a little extra piece of mind. Keeping the back end in place isn't a bad idea though, with or without bike shoes.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Have two of them in our enclosed trailer, as well. We also installed a couple of eye-hooks to the floor on both sides for tie-down points. A little extra piece of mind for the dirt bikes, and necessary when transporting street bikes. You can use the ATK shoe as a wheel chok for the street bikes, but can't close the clamp over the tire due to the fender location.

Top Bottom