Einstein

May 27, 2002
I've done some searching on the 02 125 suspension and you say that it can be improved upon a fair amount for a rider of my weight and speed (155 pounds with gear, being a faster C rider) It seems that no matter how I adjust the clickers the bike doesn't glide over smaller chatter bumps but instead wants to jump over them. I am still managing to bottom out over some large jumps. When a friend rode it he also commented on it seeming stiff. Do you think I just have the clickers adjusted stupid or is this more of an internal valving issue. Thanks :worship:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
One thing i have found so far is you can soften up the valving ALOT and not really compromise on bottoming control-the trade off is really worth it.Mine will bottom very slightly more than a std one but its soo much better elsewhere its unreal.I would suggest getting some softer springs for your weight as its about right for me and im 20lb heavier.You could increase the oil height in the forks with the lighter springs to help fight bottoming-go as high as 75mm if you need to.Im afraid the forks are in need of revalving IMO-the shock isnt too bad apart fram a slight kick under breaking.This kick again however cannot be adjusted out-only revalving will cure it.On my friends 02 Crs i just set the comp to full soft front and rear-its about all you can do with the clickers.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom