Dede

May 23, 2004
Yawn, I rub my eyes in disbelief. Is the snow really gone. What is that I see dirt? I'm not dreaming am I? Yippie yahoo! Wow, I've been away from posting on this site for a while and even longer from riding (last ride was 1st weekend in november). To be honest, I didn't visit this place mostly out of being jealous and not much was going on as far has riding. I'm mostly jealous of all the riders that got to ride non-stop month after month. Yes maybe that's a tad silly but I had heavy withdrawels these long winter months. Now that that is behind me I'll give you a little up-date. My bike turned a year old in mid march and I got to take it out from the shed for the 1st time last weekend. I only got in a 20 minute trail ride but it was such a great fix. So now I plan to do plenty more within the next few months. Hopefully tomorrow will be ride #2. The trail I rode on is still very mushy & wet so it will probably be another quick ride. My husband traded his car in and got a brand new pick-up truck in october so w/ that we'll be able to tow our bikes throughout the New England trails. :) I got a new puppy the day before valentine's who turns 6 months on the 9th. He's help to keep me busy and my mind off my bike. He's a yorkie/maltese named Ralphie. He's a great addition to my family.Well w/ this all said, I'm just glad to be back. :cool:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey Dede! There you are!! Good to have you back and that you can ride again. I've been somewhat disconnnected myself as of lately. Job change, life, etc, etc. My last ride of January (Hollister Chick's Ride). I've had opportunities to ride/race but my heart wasn't in it.

Yesterday, I took my bike over to a friend's house for some minor annoyance-type repairs and I was getting kind of excited about getting a ride going again in the near future. Too bad you don't live closer, we have some great trails out here in California.

Two years ago, a large group of us got together at Deer Creek and rode all afternoon and then we had a big BBQ back at my place. Lots of fun, 20+ people, people stayed the weekend and we all just had a blast. I think I want to do that again, I'm, in the mood for a big blow-out shindig.

Be well. Natalie

Kimmylion

Dec 14, 2004
GETMETOCA said:
Hey Dede! There you are!! Good to have you back and that you can ride again. I've been somewhat disconnnected myself as of lately. Job change, life, etc, etc. My last ride of January (Hollister Chick's Ride). I've had opportunities to ride/race but my heart wasn't in it.
Natalie! You haven't ridden since January?!? I have been wanting to go for a midweek ride for a few weeks now and seriously thought of you. I couldn't get on DRN for about 3 weeks. Okay, maybe it was just 2 weeks. Technical difficulties. Sounds like you need to get out for a few hours. Riding is perfect stress relief. I met another chick rider at work and went out with her and her husband. She is all game to go without him though. Midweek at Hollister is having the whole place to yourself. Let me know anytime! Work is very busy because we have 4 people out but I'd do my best to get out of it! :laugh:

Kim

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Kimi!!! Midweek excursion sounds like a plan!!!! Let me know when you want to go...I can meet you at Hollister! Or Carnegie!!

Nat

Dede

May 23, 2004
Wow, it sounds like you girls are in the right state for some big time riding. My riding buddy/husband doesn't love riding as much as me and I'm already starting to think I'm not going to get much riding in this year. If it was up to me I would consider moving to CA just for the riding factor alone. It sounds like that's one of the most happening places to be ( judging from this site at least). I keep checking the "new member" forum just waiting to see someone post from NH. I not having alot of luck. Thank God for this site cuz other wise I probably wouldn't be able to do any talking or reading about dirtbikes. Sorry about the whining. I'm better now (hee,hee). Hope you girls have a great mid-week ride. Be safe. :)

Top Bottom