oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Last winter District 16 (Wis and upper Mich) lost one of the greatest supporters of MX in the person of Mike Gaborsky. Mike and his wife Gayle owned the Torque Center which grew from the trunk of Mikes car into one of the areas biggest Moto supply shops around.
Mike was always there to help anyone at the races in any way he could and never expected to be owed a favor for doing it. I remember a time that Spider crashed hard and bent his bars. Mike saw the crash and was at the track exit with a new set of bars as Spider came off the track and knowing there were only 3 motos until Spider was back out there Mike told him to get them on and later when we had a chance to stop by his trailer to settle up. At the end of the day when I stopped by to settle up Mike was more interested in hearing how Spider did then actually settling up- that is just the way Mike was.
In order to make Mike a part of our track as long as it exists this monument was erected and dedicated at our race September10th 2006.
God speed Mike I know you are still here looking after all the riders as always

Attachments

• az1a.jpg
    az1a.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 117

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
That's really cool Dave. A well deserved honor for a great guy.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Very cool!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Very cool.

RMZRIDER

Aug 3, 2006
i never saw that little monument before, i bought all my gear from the torque center just because the guy was that down to earth. its sad seeing that guy go because he was so much better than any dealer. very cool monument for a great guy

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
That is sooo nice!

*Chick Moment* Totally brought a tear to my eye thinking about how dedicated someone can be to a cause and how those that person has affected repay him after he is no longer with us.

Top Bottom