J.R.

Aug 5, 2006
Hola! After 15 years of being without a dirtbike I jumped back in with a 2003 CRF450. My last dirt bike was an XR500 that I sold in 1991. Then I bought a RX350, funnest street bike ever made. Then that was stolen and I had to get a real job in the real world so my motorcycle days seemed lost forever. Until now.

At 6'2" 235 lbs I still find the CRF to be a lot of bike but each time I go out I get a little of the old skill and confidence back. Fine tuning the susp was a big help in that area. I would not recomend this bike to anyone under 6', 190 lbs unless they were very experienced.

After 15 years the sport has changed but not dramatically. Half the trails are gone. My old 02 xr500 still sells around $1000, which is $300 more than what I paid and sold mine for 15-17 years ago. The parts shops are still the best bet to not get raped at the checkout but you still get stuck hard. $9 bucks for a qt of oil? Heheh. Oh well. She's worth it.

Off to ride.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Howdy from the DFW Metromess and welcome to the site :cool:

Have you completely filled out your info in your CP? Be sure and do so. After that grab a spot on the couch.

Fill us in on the who, what, when, where, and how long, and we will try and hook you up with some fellow members. Check out the North Texas Smack Pack forum for opportunities to hook up with some fellow DRNers that reside mostly in and around the DFW Metromess.

Have a question? Try search and you might find a plethora of information in the database. If not, post your question and you will likely get some very knowledgeable responses, sprinkled with a bit of humor.

Again, welcome to DRN. We hope you enjoy your stay here and come back often!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom