getting back into dirt bikes after a 20 year dry spell

3TV

Jul 2, 2006
Hello everyone, glad I found this site. I'm just getting back into dirt bikes after a 20 year dry spell. I used to desert race a CR500 (back in the day), but had not been on a dirt bike since 1987. My sons are getting to the age where they have wanted to start dirt biking, so we bought three dirt bikes earlier this year. The 10 year old got a KTM 65 SX, the 16 year old got a KTM 300 XC, and I got a Yamaha YZ 450F. The Yamaha is even the same color my last Yamaha was, LOL. We have had a lot of fun on the bikes so far, and have entered a few races. I discovered real quick that I'm not as fast as I used to be. I won my last race 20 years ago, and finished 13th overall out of 300 bikes. My only race since restarting was pretty bad, I finished 2nd in class, but only 212th overall out of ~350 bikes. I think everyone got fast while I was away.

Anyway, hope to have a good time bench racing with everyone. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch.

Your story mirrors that of many of us. Welcome back and glad you are making it a family affair.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Welcome to DRN, don't worry about speed, its the fun that counts :nod:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
kmccune said:
Welcome to DRN, don't worry about speed, its the fun that counts :nod:

Thank gawd, because that's my motto! :cool:

Welcome back to dirt!

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Sounds like a good topic for a "poll." I too went over 20 years before remembering how much fun I had riding dirt bikes. I've noticed a lot of others in the same boat! :cool: :ride:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom