Back in the saddle... kinda

Dennis Meyers

~SPONSOR~
Nov 24, 2000
I didn't know if I would ever get around to riding again after the Gas Gas and Yamaha were stolen 2 years ago... :ugg:

Well, I just picked up what I hope will be the start of a new addiction, and be less harsh on my abused old self, a 1992 Beta Zero 260! :aj:

It was really clean, and appears to need nothing more than fresh oil, grips and fork seals. I've never ridden trials before, but I was a tight single-track junkie, so I hope the transition will be pleasant. If there is anyone in the Huntersville (Charlotte) area who know of good riding areas, I would appreciate a heads up, until then, I have some good woods right here.

Attachments

• 100_1057_tn.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_1056_tn.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_1055_tn.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 107

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Dennis! Good to hear from you again, I wondered how you made out after the move down south. Have fun with the trials bike. At least you're back into the sport! :)

Dennis Meyers

~SPONSOR~
Nov 24, 2000
The move was great, and my P/T shop has gone F/T,(www.diamondbackironworks.com) it's nice to finally be working for myself!
I was in NY in early July, and I'll be back (with the bike this time) to see the leaves change in the fall.
I think this bike will be a lot of fun, but I sure do miss that Gas Gas 200! The biggest problem is with the open face trials helmets, now people will actually be able to identify the dork! :laugh:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Dennis - You'll have a blast with the trials bike. The best move I ever made was buying Patman's Montesa 315R. Even if I'm just playing in a parking lot I have great fun every time I throw a leg over it.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm glad the business is doing well. I didn't know you were doing that. I collect antique forged tools and have always had an interest in making some of my own stuff. I did a little blacksmithing in college but never did anything since then. Maybe when I grow up I'll get back into it :)

Dennis Meyers

~SPONSOR~
Nov 24, 2000
Rich, I'm already having some fun, thinking about going to the trials training center to get some good instruction.

RM_guy, Yeah, I've been hammering iron for a while, but with the shop, all my time is spent Machining, Fabricating and Welding now. All I have time to forge anymore is a few knife blades.

OK, I do have a question, what air pressure should I be running in the front and rear? I've heard anywhere from 4 to 8psi, what do y'all think?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I run 4 in the front (tube) and 6 in the rear (tubeless) using Michelin trials tires.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…