themastiffman

Apr 27, 2007
Hello all,
I am a 40 year old thats been out of dirt biking for a while. Ive had all sorts of bikes in the past including a 91 kdx and a 97 klx. Tried the atv thing for quite a few years after selling the klx only to find out that it wasnt quite the fun I thought it wouls be. I was in my local dealer a month ago getting parts for my street bike when I noticed an 06 kdx 200 that had been sitting in the warehouse for a long time. Bought it on a whim for a great price and I am kicking myself for not doing it sooner. What a bike! It is so much different than my 91 that I remember, lighter more nimble and faster. I have put on the fmf rev pipe and tc2 silencer and opened my airbox with 40:1 amsoil and it runs fantastic, maybe slightly rich with stock jetting but close. This bike does everything well that I am capable of and nothing bad. Its a shame they no longer make this machine because I dont know of another that can compare for near the price. My klx was close but more expensive, heavier and not as much top end, like every thing else in this class. Sorry for the rambling post but I am glad to be riding again and happy to have found this site. Reading all the posts over the last few weeks have helped alot.

duke

Oct 9, 1999
You are re-embarking on great activity. Forget golf, just ride. I have friends who do both exclusively, and they are entirely different animals. The guys who ride seem to have more zeal and are generally in better shape. As you venture on this site, you may sense bias, but even my hard core MX only riding pals conceede that the KDX is a great value.

ridejunky

Dec 6, 2005
Congrats, I too share your sentiments about the KDX, great bike for the money. It doesn't really excel in any one area accept maybe trails, but is very capable in all. Be careful expressing your exuberance though, it gets under the skin of riders of certain types of bikes who feel by knocking it, it somehow lessens the sting of the price they paid for their more expensive superior bikes.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
Now get the bike SPRUNG PROPERLY for your weight & go from there. Why Kawasaki never worked the bike a bit more is beyond me, but that's what some of us have done to bring this bike up to its potential. This bike can run with the others in the woods, but DOES NOT get PSYCOTIC like a MXer can get.

themastiffman

Apr 27, 2007
It is difficult to mask my enthusiasm for this machine. Went on an extented trail ride with my 9 yr old son over the weekend (klx110). He is a scary fast rider for his age and has no trouble keeping up with the adults on any trail other than long straights. We had a great time and the kdx just keeps getting better. It seems as though kawasaki made this machine just for me and my needs/cababilities. I prefer the older design of sitting "in" the machine rather than "on" the bike like most current designs. Again, thanks to all on this site as it has been a wealth of info and has quickened my learning curve and helped me get more out of the bike faster.

Top Bottom