woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I just spoke with my nephew (CW) and he was telling about his wifes journey home from town a couple hours ago..
She was coming to the corner of 82 and Maple Island road just west of Fremont (Wesco station where we meet a lot of times for our Monday rides) and a Motorcyclist had a person pull out in front of him in a car.. The impact severed his leg off just above the knee - OUCHHH!!!! :|
Thankfully she was the one behind the guy because she is an RN - responded immediately and got a tournique on the stub or the guy would have bled to death FAST!!!! :(
We dont know his name yet but that really doesnt matter - he is still one of our extended family!!
Prayers and concerns for that family!!!!
Woodsy

BigEasy

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 22, 2005
That is one of the worst intersections in the area. I grew up in that area and it has always been infamous for bad accidents. It worries me because of friends in that area. Strength and Endurance.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Bummer :|

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Thoughts and prayrers.

I also grew up in that area and know the intersection well. This is the reason I do not ride on the road. I had an uncle who also lost part of his leg from the same situation.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
That really sucks. The lady that hit him probably won't get much either. A friend of mine was in a bike accident 10 yrs ago. Some lady rear ended him, he's paralyzed from the chest down now. All she got was a ticket for not yielding to the right of way :|

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Man that is really sad. A girl at work was telling me this week her cousin took his bike out for his first spin just down the street and had a run-in with a car and was killed. He wasn't wearing his helmet because he was just going down his street. A good reminder to always wear your helmet even just for a short spin. I think cars are more dangerous than trees - they sure scare me.

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
yea i know what you mean when i was road racing, alot of the racers stopped street riding, why it was to dangerous for them. the track is actually a safer place to ride. i still kept street riding due to i got bored inbetween the races and it didnt cost much for street riding. yea it suck when you know somebody who was killed on the street. i had a guy i occasionaly rode with kill in holland when a lady turning onto the street he was going down pulled right into his path head on with him. one of our other friends was right next to him and missed the car by inches. she was taking up 3/4 of that lane with her turn onto that street. he was killed by her though it was a tree he hit after flying over her car 50'. it was around that time that another friend went down (this was his fault) didnt get injured he had on his full leather suit and helemet and gear, but alot of those i rode with sold thier bikes and stopped riding entirely. most of them are back in both street and dirtbikes though.

i used to instruct at grattan on 2 weekends in the year when we had a free riders school with only a 10 buck gate fee charged by the track. i could see everybodys increase in skill in that one day of training they got. most people who only ride on the street have no idea what thier bikes can actually do. the sport bike guys realy get a wake up as to the potietial thier bikes have. i have tried wile i was on the street to get every person i know to take one of these course's. what they learn in that weekend could keep them out of a accident. im not saying it will do it every time but it will help a great deal. if you know anybody who does still ride on the street encourage them to take a rider school. i know the racing organisation i was with has closed, but i know there are others out there with a sililar program.

our prayers are with this person's family.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
My small accident is why we don't street ride right now anymore. I was scared to ride on the street after I got hit. The idiot who hit me got away "no one saw it happen". Didn't go down (probably thanks to my MX skills). Once we get out of this town we'll ride street again, until then I'll stick to the track and trails.

Top Bottom