sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
i'm up at sahkany( i can never spell that, we have old russin maps, new US maps, etc that all spell things differently), we say sarcony, a few klicks down from asadabad. i just got up here in prep for the spring offensive. the past 3 days we've lost 12 Afghan National Army to IEDs. on one mission, my first day, we lost 8 men( others, 4 seriously, wounded) to 3 ied attacks, the next day, yesterday, we had a truck hit an IED, killing 4, on the way to the memorial service.4 ieds in all. we've had 12 KIA from this Bn and it's all been in my company. Not a good way to start. this has been all going on in the pech, we say Pesh, valley. that is a bad place, but we have plans for that. we are all pretty dazed, but where as the Afghans are kinda gun shy now, we U.S., (advisors and the marines we've been rolling with,) have had it. we want some Mother-####### payback and we will get it, soon.we rolled to the pesh again this morning for some "things" and we did a security halt about 3 klicks out, i'm up on the Mark 19 grenade launcher, i hear a "BOOM" up ahead. i lean down into the truck and say to the radio operator " did we get hit" (meaning the lead element, we were the trail, so we're a distance away) he said "nothing yet" i say "we just had an explosion to the front, maybe a klick or so" ( hard to tell the distance, different size charges, valley walls etc) so i got back on the gun. We found out later that they had set another IED for us and a local village lil girl had tripped it. we got in the the area we were going to, did our thing and got back with out a scratch. alrighty then,we are due for rocket attacks tonight, the camp up the road got attacked with 3 last night. it's about 1920 here and the damn knuckleheads don't ussually keep a good schedual on when they rocket us so i gotta go get ready. thanks to all you guys for supporting the folks over here and everywhere in uniform. You guys might be suprised if you knew how much of an impact you have on a service member when you walk up out of the blue and say "thanks" or "good job" or just smile and wave. thanks again. :aj:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Bust some ass Mister. Pay back is 10 fold, so go unleash it on them.

Thanks for putting your ass on the line for us.

My condolences to those that you lost. They died fighting for freedom and will be honored for their service.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Open up the WHOOPASS, SARGE! My prayers are with you!

Top Bottom