JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
Hey guys (and gals)! I have searched the forum for hours now and I can't really come up with a good answer to my question. I just bought a 2000 KDX 200. It has a FMF Gold Series Gnarly pipe and an FMF Turbine Core II silencer. It also appears to have had the air box lid removed as, when you take the seat off, you can see right down to the air filter.

My problem is this. That thing drools out of the silencer like you can't imagine. I'm talking bad. It gets all over the rear fender, the silencer, the swingarm, the brakes...it is even all over the front of the rider behind me!

I bought the bike from my dad and he has had the problem for a while. He has a 42 and 152 in the bike right now. We live in Alabama so it is hot and humid a lot of the time. The bike smokes quite a bit, but not really bad. My dad re-packed the silencer and that didn't help at all.

I am desperate to get this fixed as I am tired of trying to clean this stuff from the bike. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

May 26, 2005
Ehhhhh scratch all that I' missed the 200 part go to this site CLICK ME and follow the tips. This is a must read for jetting on our KDX's

I would still start fresh by dumping the old gas

get new fresh fuel and premix oil at 32:1
repack the silencer
clean out the main pipe with oven cleaner
and get some new plugs BR8ES

Last edited:

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I had great luck with yamalube 2R (mix at 40:1) in my KDX200. Lean it out untill it runs clean and crisp. If you get slightly too lean the power starts to fade after a few laps then go a tad richer on the main.

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
The pilot and main sound pretty close to where they should be. Leaning the needle a notch may help (as G.Gearloose stated). I'd also go with a good full synthetic premix oil. I use mobil MX2T @ 40:1 and 91 octane fuel. Be careful about jetting by level of spooge coming out of the pipe. It's limited as a jetting indicator and you could stick the piston. Dump the old gas and start fresh (like Sunny State said). If it's jetted as it should be and you're using a good synthetic and you still have a little spooge, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Top Bottom