rjrwolf69

May 15, 2010
Name is Rob.

This is awesome site! Need some help first time posting anything hope I am doin it right!!

Any ways just bought 98 kdx 200 It has a Fmf gnarly pipe and FMF turbine 2 silencer Bike has been taken care of.Got some gold spectro mixed 50:1.Bike not acting right loads up to quick if you rev it up and keep the rpms up its fine but the second you let off the throttle it will load up agin and start fallin on its nose when you hit the throttle took the carb off and notice it was a mikuni carb and big jet hole.Wandering why they would put that carb on and if they might have been running race fuel.Cant talk to the guy because he passed away.Wandering if anyone could help?

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Most likely they had trouble with the PWK and threw a Mikuni on for whatever reason rather than fixing the PWK. Best bet would be to locate a 35mm Keihin PWK. Sounds like the jetting is way off. Trying to jet the Mikuni on that bike could be a real pain.

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
I second that. Get a good PWK and be done with it or, if you got the bucks to spare, grab one from Ron Black.

Dirtdame

Apr 10, 2010
Back in the old days, the Mikuni was what you wanted to run on your dirt bike and if your bike came with a Keihin or anything else for that matter, you would save your pennies up for a Mikuni. But these days it's all about the Keihin. I know that a lot of the Husqvarna WR riders put a Keihin on their bikes in place of the stock Mikuni TMX before they ever hit the dirt with them. The Keihin PWKs are much less temperamental than the Mikuni TMXs.

Last edited:

rjrwolf69

May 15, 2010
Thanx guys thats what I wanted to do go back to Keihin but wasnt sure if there was somthing special about the mikuni on that bike.36 years old havent had a dirt bike since I was 23 and there was always somthing about the Kdx 200 I liked.Planin on getting some pics on soon Thx agin.

Top Bottom