Bajadesigns CRF250X led tailight install

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I just got my Bajadesigns led underfender tailight / license plate mount thingy. I was looking at the best way to insall it. It is a universal unit. My problem is that the existing LED tailight sticks down under the fender a little bit. This causes the BD unit to not sit flat on the bottom of the fender.

I called BD for some advice seeing as this is the unit that they use on there dual sport kit. They said to drill 2 holes near the back of the fender and bolt it on. This maked the seat end of the underfender thingy stick down about 1/2". What they do is put a spacer in between there and bolt it down.

This seems a little hoaky to me cause it will leave a 1/2" gap between the fender and this thing. Seems like a nice place to collect mung to me.

What I was thinking is to cut a small rectangular cuttout out in the black underfender thingy just big enough to go around the existing tailight were it sticks out under the existing fender. It would be maybe 4" x 2" to clear that protusion. That would let the tailight thingy sit flat on the underside of the fender.

What do ya's think??

Should I do it my way?

Should I do it BD's way?

Should I but a CRF250R rear fender, eliminating the existing tailight and its problems?

Will an R fender even fit on a X? Hmmm all good questions. :think:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom