Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
You must choose what feels good for you. I tried the CR high and liked were the put my hands. It might actualy be a little high, but everything felt nice.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Stock.
Never bought a pair of handlebars.
Never had need to. Grips & levers, but not bars.
Guess i'm not that picky.

Although my son's RM60 has a pretty kewl set of Renthals that i might swipe for the BRP.
Why anyone would put a set of full size renthals on a rm60 though........ :eek: :laugh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I get the bars I like... so there.

Tall bars, little sweep...good for my wrists.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I bought some ProTapers (cr high like always) and i bought them cause i wanted too :)

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Stock bars had me hunched over when I stood up, so after I bent them I bought protaper AC1s CR-High bends. The bend was very comfortable so after I bent those. I went with the protaper AC3s they are 1mm thicker but I stuck with the CR-high bend cause it's comfortable. Just put them on last week so if I bend these I'll have to rethink it.

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
Pro tapers, CR high bend, the most comfortable bend out there, their new slogan should be......"CR High Bend Pro Tapers, it's not just for tall people anymore" because so many people have the misconception that CR hi's are for tall people, I'm 5'9" and love em.

markthomps

Sponsoring Member
May 27, 2000
Tag T-2 oversize in gleaming RED to fit the CR. Azonic Doublewall oversize for the 490 Maico, both in High CR bend. Personally I don't understand why everybody doesn't switch to oversize bars instead of those wimpy 7/8" things.

SK 250

Sep 19, 2003
Moose Bars

So what are your thoughts on Moose Bars? They are a good price, quality would obviously suffer somewhat. Does anyone use them?

SK 250

Sep 19, 2003
SO I know I am going with the CR hi Bend I check them out on a 450f and they felt right, I am just torn between brands, I am not going to go to oversized the 7/8 will do just fine, I am leaning toward the Moose Bars right now, allot of guys around here use them and they are a good price, but we will have to see what my local dealer can wisper in my ear as far as pricing goes.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Renthal RC bend close to CR High's just alittle bit less sweep or I go with CR high's, why helps keep my wrists and elbows in proper position.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Are you refering to their oversized flex bars or the cheap steel bars?

I just put the flex bars on my YZF and I really like hand position but they are considerably thinner and lighter than the protapers on my KTM. I'd guess it would take a much less severe crash to toast the flexbars than the protapers.

SK 250

Sep 19, 2003
I went with the Mosse Carbon Steel CR hi, should be here today, I thought I should represent and get a Thor bar pad to. I the biggest Thor Whore around everything MX I own is Thor I think. O well could do worse.

03YZ85Rider

Aug 8, 2003
I use Moose carbon-steel bars because they are really cheap. I just don't see the point in dropping 80 bucks for a set of bars that are definately going to get bent. You can't beat $16 for a set of bars. Sure Pro-Tapers, etc. are stronger but some of those fatbars are well over a hundred bucks! One gnarly crash is all it takes to bend any bars.

x2fast

Oct 1, 2003
Moose bars!!!
Carbon steel OEM replacements...16.95
Aluminum 7/8.............................49.95
Flex Series 1 1/8.........................64.95

I personally use the Flex series Burleson bend.....30" wide for woods riding but work great on MX also....with the Moose universal mount kit, it was less than 100 bux for 1 1/8" bars

www.mooseracing.com

Top Bottom