Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Anyone going this weekend?

I see they have posted the route sheet. Two loops, 44 miles each, several speed changes the first time around.

The forecast is sunny and low 60's. Should be a great time.:cool:

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
TW736,

This will be the first time I have ever attended this event but I understand that while there are some hills it's not as "gnarly" as the Gnarly Hills enduro.

I'm all most positive FlyinRyan has rode it before. Maybe he will jump in and give us a heads up on what to expect.

By the way Ryan, that pizza sure made a good lunch the next day. :)

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
They do have hills but not nearly as big as the gnarly hills. The course is very good, semi-tight woods with connecting fields, and some creek bottom type of stuff. This is a very fun enduro IMO. The only bad thing is the check placement, in the past it was not very good and the scoreing seems to take longer than the other races, maybe I just want to get out of there seeing as how I have a seven hour drive.

See ya there.

Layton, glad the pizza was good, should have kept it for the ride home, we didn't get home till 1:00am.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Ryan,
Did you win? Phil said that he thought you were in first.

Did you here any more about Crosby? I was there shortly after that crash and it didn't look good.

The arrowing really sucked. Whip said that we were actually suppost to be in the woods right next to the road where he crashed but how would anyone have known. Half of the time there were no turn arrows to follow. Worse yet, on my second loop I forgot exactly where Crosby crashed and darn near did the same thing myself. Luckly being old and slow keeps me from going real fast and I was able to get stopped. You would have thought that after a bad wreck like that someone from the club would have put some danger arrows up or something!!!!!!!!!

The trails were sure neat. Big hills. Not good ones to blast over the top of since half of them just dropped off the other side. I don't think I would want to ride that event in the rain.

What time did you guys get out of there? It was 5 pm for us so it must have been quite a bit later as I think there were probably still riders on the trail at that time. I was at my house in Moline by 10:30. Not early but not to bad concedering how far away the race was.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Yea, I did up winning for once. Got lucky with everyone having problems.

I didn't hear what really happened to Crosby. I'm still not sure where he crashed either. We heard that he broke his back, but noone could confirm, the hospital wouldn't tell anyone anything because they weren't family. I saw Crosby's bike and it didn't look good!

We did find out that Foster broke both bones in his leg and was going into surgey last night to get one or both pinned. I also heard that Foster may not have insurance or limited insurance so I hope all goes well.

The club did say sorry for the arrowing, they said all week they had people pulling down the arrows. They even went out Saturday night trying to put arrows back up but did not get all of them. In their defense, this was the first time that their arrowing was bad, I have gone over since 1998 and all there runs have been arrowed well.

Your right about the rain, the first year I was there it started to rain and they stopped us 1/2 way through the 2nd loop.

We got out of there around 6:00 I think. I was home at 1:00.

The club did have a good turn out with 180 riders. Hopefully next year they won't have the arrowing problems.

CIER

Sep 13, 1999
I heard last night that Crosby broke a couple of ribs and was back home. Foster was still in the hospital. I was glad to hear that Crosby didn't break his back. You won't find a nicer guy in the woods. I was home about 8:00, but I left at 3:00. Only one stop outside of West Des Moines to pull the blown outside dual off of my truck. Blowouts make a lot of noise when you run 85psi in them. I am now tire shopping.
Congratulations, Ryan.

Jim

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Congrats Ryan, did you win the O/A or Class? I bought a couple of 520s from Funmart earlier this year, one for me and one for a friend. I couldn't find any on the west coast. I'm also a native Iowan, born in Iowa City but I left there before I began riding. I've never raced in the midwest but it sounds like there are some kick-butt enduros and scrambles, and the Moose Run.

Top Bottom