Bean Oil?

GrassMaster

Dec 22, 2003
Some of my "Racer" freinds talk about how they run Bean Oil mixed in there Gas. They say it makes it smell like race gas. Does it? Will it mess up anything? How much do you put in? Thanks.

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
Try eating a can of beans for breakfast. It will smell different, but not like race gas ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Kwakasaki

Aug 22, 2004
I use klotz Techniplate which does have some bean oil in it. You can also get bean oil from klotz but to my understanding, the synthetics and newer oils are better lubricating than straight bean oil. Sorry i am having a hard time replying after the bean eating comment LOL

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
If you are looking for just a different smelling oil just use you favorite regular oil and find a local automotive performance shop(eg.Summit Racing) and buy some fuel fragrance, you can get it in all different types,bubble gum,vanilla,root beer,hawaiian punch and a bunch of others.I run it in my lawnmower and the kids next door think its great when the area smells like bubble gum or root beer. :joke:

03KDXHOPPER

Nov 23, 2004
You want 'racing gas' smell, run 100 octane low-lead airplane gas in your bike. Mix it 32:1 with KawiChem. Only run it once in awhile. Lead's good for the engine, but you can't run it all the time.

BTW, you'll need an airplane and tail number to get the stuff. Enjoy the smell, though.

NSI

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
I used to go to the local airstrip and fill my 83 Suzuki GS1100EZ with 110LL. It's a low lead fuel. Never noticed any real advantage though.

billc

Mar 13, 2004
Bean oil = castor oil. It's sold at all the bike shops,ask them to show you. There are several to choose from. It will not hurt your bike but it might drool a bit.Smells great too.

GrassMaster

Dec 22, 2003
billc said:
Bean oil = castor oil. It's sold at all the bike shops,ask them to show you. There are several to choose from. It will not hurt your bike but it might drool a bit.Smells great too.

What would be the mix ratio, say I was running 5 gallons of Gas?

TEEEE

Jul 18, 2004
Some freinds run Castor 927 or Klotz Beanol and swear by it, but I never thought it was really necessary. Excellent oils can be had for a lot less $$. It does smell good though. I've heard about that fuel fragrance stuff, but have never tried it. I'll have to sneak some into my friends' gas sometime. :laugh:

Careful with the Avgas if you're compression is high. The octane rating is not the same as auto fuel. It isn't really 100 octane, like premium pump gas is 92 octane. People in the know tell me it's about 97 on the pump gas scale. I've run it mixed with pump gas to boost the octane a little while fighting a deto problem...

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
My buddy ran Blendzall Gold Label in all 3 of his KDX's. Never heard him report of powervalve problems or otherwise, but then he knew hot to jet his bike. I think he mixed around 40:1 or 45:1.

I beleive the Blendzall Gold Label also has a bit of nitromethane in it, so you may see a power increase. Back in the day, nitro was an added ingredient to many of the racing castor oils.

billc

Mar 13, 2004
I mixed 40-1 when I used it but I don't use it anymore.
If I was racing for money and had factory backing I might use it.
For me, a normal play rider,synthetics are what I use now.
Spend an hour doing a search on the net and you will get alot of info.

BJH

Nov 9, 2003
But seriously folks...
Castor oil does a pretty good job of lubricating a two-smoke motor but it DOES cause problems. It will clog the KIPS after a short period of time. It will spooge allot. It will put carbon deposits on your piston.
It used to be used allot by pro motocrossers because it did very well for lubrication. However those bikes get torn down every race. Modern two-stroke oils out perform old school castor oils so there is no good reason to use it other than it smells good.
I would stick to synthetic or semisynthetic oils if I were you. Unless you like doing top end jobs often...very often.

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
I run Maxima 927 @ 40:1 w 100LL avgas. The bike runs clean and strong, little smoke, no drool, no KIPS problems. Had EG do a porting and bore job and his pre-work inspection comments were positive, all componets looked "perfect". Have had separation problems with surplus fuel sitting around at low temperatures though. Luv the smell of castor!! my wife thinks I'm a little :coocoo:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…