CrashAdams

Mar 2, 2007
hey
i've rode quads afew times before.
i just started riding like a month ago riding my friends 97 KX250 with the head milled by LCS runs on octane 110. im riding mostly @bushy creek in royse city a dry and hard packed track . there are four of us that go out there and there is one dirt bike. they are amatuer MX racers so im sittin in the truck or playing with my R/C car. lats week we went to the moto X pit, a SX track sandy and slick.im too inexperienced so i sat in the truck drawing blue prints for a trailer.the whole time being pissed off ,but i still made fun of them be cause i was the only one who didnt crash. so i need a bike .id like to get a 07 KX 250. but if i did that id tear it up.its has too much power for me.
my third time riding i did a few laps around the MX track was getting a little faster each lap fellin kinda ballsy . then i stupidly shift into 3rd out of a berm and gassed it over the table top,the back wheel tips the top of the next berm and i lose throttle control,because i tighten my grip on the bars, end up bottoming out the front forks and did a full 360 frontflip (flying W i think) into a drainage pond about 4 feet deep.best landing i could get...with a nice set of bar marks on my stomach and a sprained ankle ,and yes i was wearing MX boots,ruined a new helmet..... still smells like pond scum.

ive been doing better on it though,im a quick learner .i dont like waiting to ride so im thinkin about a KX125,used one . or a 250 and just detune it a little

let me know what you think,or if you can help me
i live in Dallas

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
A 125 is a great bike to start on, I couldn't imagine starting on a 250, I have one and it still surprises me and I've been riding this bike for 3 years.

CrashAdams

Mar 2, 2007
i like the way the 250 rides but im a short little f**k barely keep it up standing on my tip toes i think i want a two stroke looked @ a honda 4 stroke and every one i know says they are heavier in the front end, which some say makes it ride different

i know a guy whos sellin a 91' CR250 with a rebuilt top\bottom end
rebuilt forks /rear shock
plastics are trashed
new dunlop rubber front/rear still has the stripes on the knobs
he wants 1000 for it
one of my friends thinks i should ask a little less lik 800 or 900
what do you think

by the way where is muensters i hear talk of it alot ????????

Last edited:

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Muenster/Red River Motorcycle Trails is about 30 miles northwest of Gainsville, or about 1.5 hours from the D/FW area. Its my favorite place to ride so far. I'm not sure if you're solely interested in MX or not, but Red River would be a good place to at least get the basics down depending on your skill level.

There are many on this site who stick to trail riding, and some to MX, and some who do both.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
for a beginner, rocky ridge is the place to be. it can be crowded, but the terrain is perfect for a beginner. there is a little something for everybody. get the basics down, before heading off to an mx track. then may i suggest nocona mx. nothing too crazy and they have open practice. get there early and you will have an uncrowded track for a couple of hours.

Last edited:

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Personally, Muenster is NOT the place to be for a beginner. Sure everyone says you can just ride the top soil and around the beach but about as sure as a pimple that hurts they end up going into the woods and all hell breaks loose. Suddenly you find yourself in the way of 35 mile an hour single-track Knighter wanna-bees (todays ride was a good example). Like tx246 says, go to Rocky Ridge first, heck go to Marshall Creek. Once you feel really comfortable, head on out to RRMT and see folks like me have been calling it home since the seventies. Man I miss the days when there weren't more than 50 people that knew about that place. :ahhh:

Top Bottom