CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Anybody ever have any luck straightening a rear brake rotor? I somehow managed to get a large stick stuck in between my rotor and caliper this past weekend and it bent the rotor very slightly, but enough that I can see the bend. Haven’t noticed a huge change in the performance of the brakes, but it can’t be good. Thanks for any suggestions. Yeah, I know........buy a new one!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
large Crescent wrench. Find the bend and put the wrench on it and gently tweak it back. Give it a spin and locate the next spot. Tweak that one. After a few attempts it usualy comes around to being fairly flat again. Ive done it on a few bikes. Works pretty good.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Yep, like YZman said. One other thing to help find the spot is while you're rotating the tire/disc, us the caliper edge as a guide. You can see the clearance change when you found the bent part, and get a better idea on how much to tweak the disc.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
MWEISSEN said:
Yep, like YZman said. One other thing to help find the spot is while you're rotating the tire/disc, us the caliper edge as a guide. You can see the clearance change when you found the bent part, and get a better idea on how much to tweak the disc.

Use a felt marker on the caliper and as the disc moves over it will mark the disc.

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Thanks

Thanks guys,
I got it taken care of. A big c-clamp works great too! :)

Top Bottom