greaser

Mar 7, 2002
I had someone block pass me and we both crashed . I did some maintenance and discovered the front brake rotor is bent . It goes from one side of the caliper to the other. My question is
#1 can it be bent back somewhat ...in a vise ????
#2 if not .......who has tried aftermarket rotors and which would work best .
This is a ' 00 CR 250 used for H/S and enduros.

Thanks,
Donnie

CRguyStan

Dec 10, 2001
I had a similar event happen to me too last year. After the moto I noticed that my brakes felt mushy, and it ended up the front rotor was bent. Mine was out like yours, about 3/16 - 1/4 inches. I simply took two large adjustable wrenches and used one to hold the rotor where it should be and use the other to bend the crooked portion back. Just take your time and go across the entire bent portion and then back over only correcting slight amounts each time until it runs true. You will never get it perfect, but mine went back to nearly perfect, and saved a lot of $$.
Just a note of caution, make sure you get it right, take a few slow laps and keep rechecking it to make sure it does not flex back to warped again.
Stan

xtreme73

Mar 17, 2002
After pulling my hair out over fixing a mushy front brake I found....a bent rotor. I tried fixing it but the brake just didn't feel right and kept wanting to rewarp. I bought a new one and kept the kinda-unbent bent one as a spare. After I bought it I found that an oversize rotor and mounting hardware was about $15 more.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I've straightened them right on the bike with a large crescent wrench. Use the brake pads as a guide to see how much and where it needs to be bent back. Take it slow and it will be fine.

greaser

Mar 7, 2002
Thanks fella's,
Everyone of your ideas and ordeals helped me. My disc is better but not perfect. I will adjust it in a few days when I test ride it and my new springs. See ya Donnie

Top Bottom