rheighes

May 15, 2005
Tell us about your local endurocross races. In the inland northwest we have a bunch. Orofino, St Maries, Sandpoint, Core Duh Lane, Lewiston. They all put on great races, I liked Orofino the best in 2008, only because of the atmosphere, put on by the OMC in their logging show arena.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
You guys have endurocross down there? PLEASE send me info on when/where/what as I'd love to give endurocross a try. I live in Rossland, 2 hours north of Spokane.

rheighes

May 15, 2005
Dates..

The only date I know for sure is Orofino is Mothers day weekend. Saturday night for endurocross, there is talk of a possible street race friday night downtown with classes for knobbies and street tires. I would highly recommend this race for no other reason than the fact that it is like the old days where they put it on purely for the love of the sport, and the community is very much behind it. Last year Derek Mahoney won the pro class, Joe Kopp was running second until he wedged his front tire between two logs. 5 time ISDE qualifier Alan Deyo is almost unbeatable in the Vet Class.
Oh yea, St Maries runs theirs during Paul Bunyon Days labor day weekend. Not sure about Courdalene Sandpoint or Lewiston as far as dates go, but they are all very good races.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
speedy,

I'll do some diggin' and let you know. One of the local bike shops should have some sort of info.

rheighes

May 15, 2005
It's too early for flyers, probably not till spring. But yeah, the pros race for money (just like the good old days). In the meantime check out the video that an LA production company made of the Sandpoint race. I am link posting challenged but you can do an internet search for daileystaley endurocross and it will come up. Maybe someone can link this direct. daileystaley is one word. The Clearwater Tribune has an arcticle about last years race with a picture of the course at Orofino.

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
WOW, I live right next to Orofino and I did not know they had endurocross there. I will certenly check it out :)

rheighes

May 15, 2005
The Orofino Motorcycle club now has a web site with pics and links. I am staying at the Clearwater Crossing Rv park, its about a quarter mile from the track and right on the river. Last year they were pretty full so reservations are a good idea. See you there! :nod:

rheighes

May 15, 2005
Orofino Endurocross

Derek Mahoney (the fastest guy you'ver never heard of) once again took home most of the money by winning both pro lites, and heavies. AMA supercross regular Cole Siebler was second in the heavyweight main after struggling terribly through the heats and not placing in the lites. The Godfather, Mike Metzger dnfed both classes and wasnt much of a factor all day, although he showed some speed at times. His son was second in his mini class. The track was HARD! with very big logs and obstacles. Our very own Speedymaniac was running second in his pro LCQ when he was taken out in a rock section by a crazed yank. All in all it was a great event, I encourage anyone who can, to go next year. (Mothers Day weekend)

merryct

Apr 28, 2010
2010 Orofino Endurocross

I realize this is an old thread, but in case anyone else finds via a search engine like I did, just wanted to post an update.

The 2010 Orofino Endurocross is May 22. The pro purse is $10k! Not bad for a community of around 3,000. If you haven't seen it, it is by far the best small town endurocross event anywhere. For more info, check out our website.

...the forum will not allow me to add a link but search for Orofino Endurocross and you'll find it

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom