kxracer24

Feb 22, 2007
i recently bought a 2001 kx 125 and just got rebuilding the top end on it for the first time. i have heard many different ways of breaking in a bike and i was wondering which method is the best?? also can i use an amsoil synthetic premix oil for the break in process or should i use a non-synthetic premix
oil?? any info appreciated

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I like coating the bearings, piston and rings with the oil I will run in it, and that generic stuff would not be it! Basic kx 125 could not go wrong with maxima synthetic. I just got some Xamax I have yet to check out, if it is like its other products,whoa!!!!

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
You'll just hear the same different opinions here again. For instance, I build my 2-stroke top ends dry. But at least two people agree that you start it for 5 minutes or so the first time, keeping rpms low to 1/4 or so. Just let it warm up good. Then let it cool completely. The longer the better. Start it up a second time and ride slowly, keeping throttle less than 1/2. Once engine is good and warm, stop and let cool completely again. Third time, ride a little more agressively, maybe up to 3/4 throttle a couple of bursts for 15-20 minutes. Again, let motor completely cool. At this point, you should be able to ride as normal. I'm not familiar with amsoil, but I break mine in with whatever brand--synth or non-synth--that is in favor with me at that particular time. Just use good high-quality oil mixed at what you normally mix.
Of course there are other opinions, as you already know. You'll never get a consensus.

Top Bottom