kbud

Aug 28, 2002
I have a Fox Airframe chest protector, and it is very comfertable. My dad wants a chest protector, as the have gotten more comfertable than the old, bulky, ones that he gave up on years ago. This being the first chest protector I have ever owned, I have no experiance with the new protectors. Whats the best chest protector out there?

WideOpen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 21, 2000
I think the best are made by HRP (www.hrpsports.com). I found this company last year through a friend. they specialize in making chest protectors. the FOX chest protectors are good but you asked for the best

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The best in what reguard? The cooolest looking? The best coverage? Largest sizing?

If you want the best coverage with excellent materials and workmanship then the Acerbis Zoom or Zoom Plus can not be beat. It has the standard fron & back protection plus upper arm AND side protection panels all made from a very high quality plastic.

YZruss

May 13, 2003
The best chest protector is the one your wearing when you hit the ground on your back!!! I was out riding yesterday and hit an uphill jump without seeing the landing, well the landing was a big mud hole with a deep rut that i landed in. Well the bike went one way and i the other over the bars and in the mud. thank god for my chest protector. It is just an inexpensive SHIFT protector but it saved me a broken back!!!

GAnderson

~SPONSOR~
Dec 5, 2002
With the rear hinge, the Airframe is really comfortable. After taking a hard landing on my already reconstructed shoulder, I was impressed with the protection. The best one is the one that feels the most comfortable so that you wear it ALL the time.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I have the new THor Force, you guys talking about back protection? this thing is the first protector with a spinal guard, runs vertical down the back and has foam filling about 2" thick in that area..... They also now make an XL model for larger guys, I think it was just featured in this months or lasts Transworld MX magazine... It doesnt have arm guards, but thick padding in the shoulder pads and a larger cut neck line so that when you crouch the protectore doesnt cut into your throat..The fit is awesome, check it out at the local store...

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
I have the Fox Airframe. It's comfortable, I forget that it's on. I low sided on a MX track went flat on my chest and slid down the track about five feet, I didn't feel a thing. Is this the best one? I don't know but I will definetly by Fox again.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I'll cast my vote for the Zoom. I like the fact that it has full shoulder and upper arm coverage as well as the side panels to protect your kidneys. Granted it's the only one I've ever owned but seems to give you the most coverage out of any I've seen.

Top Bottom