strublized

Oct 16, 2002
I have been working on my bike over the winter and am looking for a fix for the airbox. There was a recall last summer for my bike with regards to the airbox seal. I brought it back to the dealer and they resealed it, but it appears that the process needs to be done again. Are there any long term solutions to this problem or do I have to reseal this every year? I thought that I have seen an aluminum plate sealing kit before, but have not seen it lately and can not find anything.

Regards,
Matt

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Check with PC Racing.(click here)

This is what I choose and it seems to work pretty good. I know that Twin Air also makes a complete cage that is supposed to take care of the problem, but it's about $75 if I remember right. I don't know what they (Twin Air) do about the seal between the boot and the air box though. Good luck.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
I had good luck with the PC kit as well, no problems at all, but I wish Honda would have done it for me. No experience with the twin air. One of my buddy's did a home made fix(weather stripping, sealant and a plexi ring) on his, but ended up with some leaks. We did a long thread on this last year, try a search for some of the other ooptions people used.

CRSpeedy

Nov 24, 2002
There was a recall on this? I have an 02 cr250 & 125 . I have heard of this problem but not a recall. Did Honda or your dealer notify you? I clean filter after every ride/race but never see any sign of dust in the throat, past the air cleaner, just a little oily.

murphy's law

Oct 11, 2002
I just purchased the mx bonz kit for my bike. like every other cr 250 owner i was taking apart, cleaning, and resealing the air boot to air box every month. after using just about every type of silicone / sealer i went with the last alternative. the mx bonz kit comes with very detailed instructions. it takes a little bit of time and patience but once you see the finished product you'll be happy. it looks good and more importantly it works. you want proof i'l give you some. I noticed, after i installed mine, is that ricky's works honda is equiped with the same type of dual aluminum ring's that BOLT the air boot to the air box. it eliminates the factory wood screws that you get from honda by using bolts that go though the holes where the screws use to be. everything is flush, smooth and sealed. the only think you still might want to buy is a sturdy filter cage.

Top Bottom