Best place for parts online

jack10525

Jun 21, 2005
I need to rebuild my top end on my KDX 200. I'll probably go with the wiesco piston kit. I've seen several sites that offer them at about the same price. Got any recommendations for the best place (ie:good service and speed in shipping)?

jack10525

Jun 21, 2005
Muchas Gracias Guys..... :nod: I've bought from Rocky Mountain in the past and forgot about them. They had the best price and I know the service is good. :cool:

CZ511

Mar 2, 2003
Need KDX Parts? It's a no Brainer!

Stop Surfing........ Call Jeff Fredette....... Go Riding............

nrvs-nelly

Oct 25, 2003
I've used rockymountain, bikebandit and fredette. Bike bandit was not a good experience for me. Back ordered parts but never told me and took about 5-6 weeks to get them. Rocky Mountain was great! Awesome service and knowledge of items. I usually use a company in NH called Advantage Motorsports. www.advantagemotorsports.net

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I use bike bandit on OEM parts, I try to order as much as I can from Rocky Mountain... But this winter I threw $500-600 fredette's way. I could have gotten some stuff cheaper, but it was nice to call him up, and get everything I needed from one place, and in one order...

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Bike Bandit can't even tell you if they have a part in stock. To me they're useless. You have to order the parts and then find out later that some of them are on backorder. I think the reason they're cheaper is because they wait to get enough orders on a particular item so they can buy in bulk like Harbor Freight. Also, they don't pay customer service people cause they don't have any! It's all done electronically. To me it spells USELESS.

I like rockymountainmc.com because you can actually see if something is in stock on their website or call and talk to a customer service person. They also ship out the parts fast. If I have to pay a little more for great service, I'm happy to do so.

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
I've had good luck with MXSouth. Rockymountain wanted $200 to ship a linkage bearing kit and pair of brake pads to Ireland, MXSouth just charge what it costs them by USPS ($30-$40) typically... Of course within the US this wouldn't be a problem, and Rockymountain's makes much more sense then MXSouth's which is kinda funky.

BigJack

Jun 28, 2005
CZ511 said:
Need KDX Parts? It's a no Brainer!

Stop Surfing........ Call Jeff Fredette....... Go Riding............

His prices are WAY TOO HIGH!!! :yikes: :coocoo:

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
BigJack said:
His prices are WAY TOO HIGH!!! :yikes: :coocoo:

I don't know about that, I saved close to $80 when I bought my FMF Pipe & Silencer through Him. Everyone else seemed to be WAY TOO HIGH

fundgh

Feb 17, 2005
I ordered from FRP yesterday and they seem to have good custoomer service. The pricing is Ok as far as I can tell, maybe a little bit high. But FRP is not trying for Rock Bottom prices, they provide specialty products, which can go both ways. I ordered the one piece bar mount, but they didn't have any handlebars that I was looking for. So the selection is about quality not quantity. You can charge a little more if you carry products that nobody else has.

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
I'll have to try FRP again.
I called them repeatedly a few years ago and only got a machine with no call back.
Sounds like cutomer service has improved.

Also, Dennis Kirk is more expensive initialy but the free shipping on orders over $100 sometimes makes them competitive. They are vrey good about knowing what's in stock and when back orders will ship (no additional shipping on B/O's)

Bob's has really low prices but only stocks popular items like clothes and helmets; service is good and they will special order.

43Duc748

May 13, 2004
Has anybody used Ron Ayers for OEM parts? I placed an order last week for an old (91) rear fender and a jet needle. So far I've got no complaints. They e-mailed me the shipping and confirmation already. I figured it would take longer to get an old OEM fender, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…