parish8

Nov 29, 2001
I am tired of Omaha NE, not many trails around here and looking for a change. looking for oponions on the best place to live with ton's of good riding near by. also needs to have afordable housing and need to be able to find a good job(electrician and RN). oh yea, geting out of this cold would be nice. some nice trails near by and a wide variety of riding within a couple of hours

in order of importance,

good riding, good jobs, afordable houses, great weather.

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
Come on down! Great weather!! Reseach Triangle Park an electricians dream!! Bumper to bumper traffic all the time@#&$%%& and I'm about sick of it. Now that I think about it............... STAY away. The last thing we need is more people...@#%(&%##&^&#^

:scream:

Sorry, I forgot to take my medication:o I feel much calmer now.:D

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
yeah come on down to the triad area, affordable housing, plenty of trails and tracks, 90's in the summer and can get cold in winter, but nothing terrible. as for the jobs i got no idea. isn't an RN a health care job? cause we got plenty of work for that.

Katoom

Feb 19, 2002
Well I live in Oregon and at least I love it

Riding:
Woods---coast range, Flying M ranch (rated #4 on top ten best places to ride in Dirt Rider)
Desert---Lots of open stuff to ride around Bend, Fort Rock is the best.
Sand---Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, lots of fun, mix of open and hills.
Tracks---Washougal MX, one of the best anywhere.

Good Jobs: I'll tell you in three years when I get my degree, but I know that there is always a shortage of RNs.

Affordable Houses: If I can afford a house anyone can.

Great Weather: This is a difficult one.....On the down side it does seem to rain a lot.....But on the up side it never gets too cold or hot to ride, you just have to move to the dunes in the winter to avoid the mudd.

Here's the rest of the riding areas: http://www.oohva.org/pages/map.html

mgorman

May 8, 2000
lots of places to ride. 15 tracks within 2 hours, 3 nat. forest within 4 hours.

oops, snow, 25 deg...

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
down here in NM we got millions of trails, national forests, state-owned land where there is nothing to do but ride. kinda expesive houses, great weather,(gets hot but you dont' even notice it humidity is like 15%) shortage of RN's, can use a electritian,too. love it here in Alamogordo(southern NM) well, g2g. lata;)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
good riding, good jobs, afordable houses, great weather
Well, here in SC we have great weather, so riding is year-round, which is great. Houses are cheap here.

My impression is that an RN can get a job anywhere (if you're willing to work shifts, it's pretty much guaranteed). Not sure about the other, though...we don't have no 'lectricity round heah! :confused:

chuck_h

Feb 15, 2002
I'd suggest Nevada.
Take your choice of Northern or southern. Both have more dirt than you could possibly ride in a lifetime. They offer disimilar lifestyles. Vegas is more open desert riding, (but you can find that outside of reno) and Reno offers more mountain (though you can find that just outside Vegas). Reno is cooler in the summer, but colder in the winter. Vegas is HOT in the summer and fabulous in the winter. Zillion jobs in vegas for both of you. Vegas is still building like crazy and 5000 people a month are still moving into Vegas, so there is tons of construction and houses a cheaper than in Reno. Reno is more of a small town atmosphere and can be considered more country or perhaps backward.
My wife is a RN and jobs are available in both - Vegas pays RN's more and currently has up to $4,000.00 signing bonuses for critical care nurses. Wages are probably 25% higher. Other than housing - cost of living is similar in both.
Riding is great either way. There are lots of places close to Reno where you could ride your dirt bike out of your garage and directly onto trails - without having to truck - trailer or dual sport. Same is true for Vegas, but you'd have to move pretty far out to do it.
Vegas has horrible traffic - Reno only thinks it does.

02yz125

Sep 25, 2001
I'm liking the Dallas area a lot. A lot of decent tracks and trails within 2 hours. But there are definately no hot women down here. LOL!! My nose is growing as we speak!

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Originally posted by parish8
I am tired of Omaha NE, not many trails around here and looking for a change. looking for oponions on the best place to live with ton's of good riding near by. also needs to have afordable housing and need to be able to find a good job(electrician and RN). oh yea, geting out of this cold would be nice. some nice trails near by and a wide variety of riding within a couple of hours
in order of importance,
good riding, good jobs, afordable houses, great weather.

If you are still following your thread - good jobs afford the rest. Nevada has been the fastest growing state in the U.S. for years. Jobs are plentiful, esp. skilled trades like nursing and electrician. Take your pick Reno, Las Vegas, or cow country.

parish8

Nov 29, 2001
i am still very interested, i can probably go on 2 or 3 trips this summer but it is very hard to decide where to try, it seems everyone thinks where they live is the best but some places have to be better than others.

onfire

Jul 23, 2001
America's Finest City

Well that's what they say here in San Diego, and I would have to agree. There is riding locally (tracks and open space) within 5-15 minutes, mountain trails within an hour, and a huge desert within 2 hours of a drive from just about anywhere here.

Finding a job shouldn't be hard for quailfied people.

The weather is fantastic, you can wear shorts year around if you wanted.

Housing is the bad side, a little on the expensive side, as is the cost of living, but hey you have to pay for the great weather and riding somehow.:cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom