Best Tire For Southern California?

duke

Oct 9, 1999
Like the caption reads, what do you folks deem as one of the better tires for terrian that is a combination of hard dirt and sand? Two different surfaces I know, but thats what makes up for the bulk of terrian where I ride (Hungry Valley and Rower Flats)

Last edited:

lepper

Mar 8, 2005
Kenda makes a reversable tire that's hard on one direction and soft on the other.... Millville is the name of it.

Colorado

Apr 2, 2005
My experience with Kenda is that they're really soft, and don't last. At least in Colorado, with our rocky type terrain.

SADude

Jul 8, 2004
Bridgestone M402 rear has been a relly nice tyre so far, it has good tread spacings for the soft stuff but seems to hold up quite well in the hard stuff as well. It is an intermediate tyre, the matching front tyre is the M401, I haven't tried it yet.

My friend ran the D756, and really liked them, he is currently trying the Kenda Millville out.

duke

Oct 9, 1999
I heard that Maxxis series of tires are long lasting but that they offer little in the way of perfomance. That might be an option next time, since I have ceased racing for awhile. Now, on the venture of struggling with my first self imposed tire change. I have grown tired of the local shop charging me 10-15 bucks a pop

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…