tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
After a terminal engine failure on July 6th, my CR has finally risen from the ashes with a complete new bottom/top end. She made noise for me tonight. I love da duce stroke. Gotta get some brakepads for the rear and do airfilter but Im determined to ride this weekend. Got new tires but right now Im wrenched out and will save it for later.

If all goes well, Im headed to Muenster Sat am.

This is the longest period of time Ive been off a dirtbike since the achilles deal. Im jonesing pretty bad and am almost sure my riding will be equally bad.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Dang Gene, I wish I could go this w/e but I am out. I am planning on next w/e though.
Holler at me if you are up for it.

-=jeff

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I saving up a little cash for new trailer tires but everything else in the house keeps breaking. I lost the tread off one tire on one trip and the 2nd tire threw the tread on the following trip. I only have one spare. If I can make it all happen before Saturday, I will be there.

Glad to see that you got the CR fixed. I have not seen you a Muenster all summer. I was out there a couple of times and there was not many riders (TOO HOT). The gate to Bill's woods has been open also on the last couple of trips. I have yet to check it out.

We need to plan a trip to Cross Bar Ranch some weekend. I am still trying to get my new (old) toy hauler on the road. It still needs some work yet before trust it on a trip.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I was not able to find time to buy tires this week. I will have to do it on Saturday so I will not be riding. I had to work some long hours so I spent my free time sleeping.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
it is just now cooling down enough to ride. I am heading to Arkansas this week on a dual sport trip. The road/trail looks primo. James H and I will be going. Im dragging out the XT600 and he has a new KLR 650. My goal is to cover everything north of I40 in the National Forest. We are camping out along the way. It should be awesome.

By the way, the CR ran great and CrossBar/INT are in the near future as my rear tire is ragged and just about perfect for the rock.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I'm out for the D/S ride, Gino. I have to help Scott buy a car tomorrow, so maybe I'll also get the hedges trimmed. Oh boy!

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I replaced the tires on my trailer last Saturday. I am ready again. I will do some car maintenance this weekend. Is anybody ready for a crossbar trip next weekend?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Maybe, Randy. I'm going somewhere, that's for sure. I have my rock tires on the 450, so Cross Bar would be fun. I'm a definite maybe.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
got family duties this weekend unfortunately but I really want to get up there in the next couple of weeks.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Jim, what are your plans? I was invited to Texas Motor speedway this weekend. If you are not going to make it, I will go to the offroad truck races. http://www.corracing.com/2007/index.php?p=newsdetail&cat_id=3&id=174. I rather go riding but don't like riding the North loop alone and my kids and their friends are going to the races. If something happens, the North loop is too isolated and too far to easily walk (or crawl) back. We can plan a trip when Gene and/or more riders can go.

Ricky Johnson is racing Trophy Trucks now in the CORR series.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Well, I'm torn, Randy; I can't decide whether to go to Muenster or Cross Bar. Grady and company will be at Muenster. But if you really want to ride Cross Bar, I'll go up there with you. I haven't been there since it broke my pinkie finger.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Thats OK. We can go to Cross Bar on another day. More riders make it more fun and interesting. I will meet you up at Muenster. I will try to be there early if I can get home early and get loaded Friday. I will look down in the meadow.

Top Bottom