Lambkawi

Oct 31, 2005
Anyone got any feed back on the Michelin Bib Moose? (spell check anyone?) I've been lucky with flats. But I'm wondering if the foam insert is worth it and what it feels like air pressure wise. We changed my buddies twice today due to his heavy handed tire iron.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
Bib Moose= $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
They have these inflatable balls that go inside the tire. They are a bit expenseive, but I think you will get much more life out of them. I am saving my money from quitting smoking to buy NEW BALLS ;)

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
Unless you absolutely cannot afford to have a flat tire, the Bib Mousse's are expensive and don't last all that long. I like the tire balls idea, but again, pricey. Ultra heavy duty tubes are the cheapest way to go if you're worried about flats.

krazyinski

Feb 2, 2006
Lambkawi said:
Anyone got any feed back on the Michelin Bib Moose? (spell check anyone?) I've been lucky with flats. But I'm wondering if the foam insert is worth it and what it feels like air pressure wise. We changed my buddies twice today due to his heavy handed tire iron.
proper air pressure and slime in the tire is all you should need.

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
I just did a quick search and came up with a $165 per. High speeds, heat, and I've heard freezing are bad for them. Sounds like longevity will depend on how you use them, but I'd guess for trail riding they might last a year. Looks like Tire Balls (www.tireballs.com) are $200 per.

Have you seen the ultra heavy duty tubes? I've never had a flat with them.

Lambkawi

Oct 31, 2005
Yeah, I run 3 mil tubes, they do work good. The norm around here is 13 psi. I usually run 17-19, so it's been awhile since I've gotten a flat. The problem is that at that psi the tires aren't as consistent with gripping. I was just feeling out opinions to see if it would be worth the bucks to get my tire irons, pump and patch kit out of my Camel pack. A year free of those things and the comfort of riding with no fear of the jagged terrain and pinch flats. ;)

Top Bottom