Dr.Zaius

Mod Ban
May 7, 2002
Hey all, are there any decent big bore kits for the KDX200? I may have to do the top end over soon, and if I can find a relativley cheap one, I'll prolly gets it. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

;)

ROBBYRAZ

Nov 17, 2001
I just got my 225 cylinder back from Eric Gorr yesterday. The whole thig cost me $380.
It includes the boring to either 225 or 240, replating, porting to your preference, a new Wiseco piston,gasket set, and head modification. pretty tough to beat for $380. I havent
gotten to ride the bike yet but from what ive read on this forum this bike should rip.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
There's an EG link (forward motion) on this page...to your left...the yellow letters on a white background? As rraz said...consider the cost of a piston and gasket kit.....throw in a power valve cleaning.....not to mention porting, and for the price it's practically bored and replated for free!

A bit of a search on this forum will give you a good deal of input on the 225.

Dazza

Jan 1, 2002
I have a LA Sleeve 240 kit with a wiseco.
OK it's not plated but hey.
If a 240 kit is installed there is machining required to the main exhaust valve.
Head work will be required to match ie:comp ratio band width
I would also recomend a new bottom end and get the crank/rod balanced before.A flywheel weight will also help it all out.In future top ends you must make sure to order the correct head gasket as it is larger dia.
Then have fun with the jetting.
I am happy with the kit now after getting it right but I don't think I would do it again.
I used to like the fact that at only 200cc it can still frighten some people when you say it's only 200cc the usual comment is "Bulls__t your having me on!"
Well that's my bit on a 240 kit.

Kawierider

Jun 7, 2001
hey guys, for those two kits, do they cost the same? and how do each of them affect the power, does it make more of a good thing, increase hit, top end, more bottum? j/w i think they soudn like a great idea.
Tim

Lutz

Oct 3, 2001
I just recently got my 1995 KDX 200 engine back together after having Forward Motion (Eric Gorr) give it the 225 treatment. I asked him for more power everywhere, but especially mid & top. From the little riding time I have on it, I can say that it does indeed have more power everywhere, and when I get on it hard, yeeeeooowwwww! Yeah, it runs really well.
Eric Gorr can gives you three choices of porting: low, mo-better-everywhere, or mid & top.

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
I bought my 96 200 with the 240 LA sleeve kit. I've now ridden my buddies 97 FMF equipped 220 and both of us think mine is faster. More low end, more hit and top. We are impressed!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom