beer_stud_76

Mod Ban
Aug 30, 2002
i'm the proud owner of a brand new 85 XR600. i believe all the suspension is OEM and it is definitely under sprung.

a local shop quoted me $338.00 to revalve and respring the fork and re-spring the rear for my weight and service the shock. and of course this price assumes that all the seals are good (which they are) and that nothing else will have to be replaced.

my question is, i have no idea what questions to ask, or how to know if i'm getting ripped off, or anything. what should i look for? what should i ask? i haven't dealt with this guy before, but he's been in bussiness for years in this small town and i've never heard a complaint. 'course i've never heard anything good either. i've heard nothing, really.

i'm 6'2" and 250 lbs and most of my riding is on trails and might be considered "spirited". i also like to climb the occasional hill.

please help.

jeremiah

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Jer,
Just go talk to him, and ask him to show you what hes gonna do. I don't mean stand over his shoulder, but ask for a good overview, what you can exspect etc. As long as you get what you exspect, its all good!

Br,
Jer

Top Bottom