wumember

Feb 17, 2003
ok when my bike is cold, i start it with the choke on, it takes aout 6 kicks and starts, its warming up for about 1 minute and turns off, after it turns off it takes for ever to start again over 20 kicks or more, sometimes i have to push it to start, any ideas, this is only when its cold.

and also, i think the bike is consuming to much 2 stroke oil, but thats just my idea, is there any way to like tamper with the oil comsumption??

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
Originally posted by wumember
ok when my bike is cold, i start it with the choke on, it takes aout 6 kicks and starts, its warming up for about 1 minute and turns off, after it turns off it takes for ever to start again over 20 kicks or more, sometimes i have to push it to start, any ideas, this is only when its cold.

and also, i think the bike is consuming to much 2 stroke oil, but thats just my idea, is there any way to like tamper with the oil comsumption??

are u letting the bike idle by itself or are u reving it and then it dies?

and with the oil you could just lower ratio and run less oil per litre of gas. is the kdx sr oil injected? if it is there should be a way to change the amount of oil it uses, the manual shoudl tell how. but if i was u( and the bike is oil injected) i would just mix the gas by myself and not rely on the injector to do it. the injector could get clogged and cause u too seize up the engine. i wouldnt risk it and its not vary hard to mix the gas.

sorry i didnt know how to fix the starting problem.

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
Originally posted by toalco-kdx

are u letting the bike idle by itself or are u reving it and then it dies?

and with the oil you could just lower ratio and run less oil per litre of gas. is the kdx sr oil injected? if it is there should be a way to change the amount of oil it uses, the manual shoudl tell how. but if i was u( and the bike is oil injected) i would just mix the gas by myself and not rely on the injector to do it. the injector could get clogged and cause u too seize up the engine. i wouldnt risk it and its not vary hard to mix the gas.

sorry i didnt know how to fix the starting problem.

ok, thx for the help on the second problem, i need this the most, were can i find the oil per gass litre thingy, any pics maybe, i'm a real newbie, and my bike did not come with manual, i have no way of getting it, also i think its not injected, thx, any further help will be greatly apreciated

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom