kenny305

Jan 10, 2005
Well about 3 months ago I went out riding and sunk my bike in some deep mud and coulnd't get it out for about 30 mins. I thought my bike was toast. Started up within the next 10 kicks. I went home, washed it, cleaned the airfilter/airbox, changed the oil, and cleaned out a few lines.

Yesterday I go and ride over at my friends house (2nd time riding since sinking it) and it's smoking like a cold 2 stroke! We clean the airbox/change the oil/play around with the choke/ and look at some other random stuff. Nothing is stopping the smoking. I change my oil after the ride and find some flakey bits of metal in it. Is this regular for a oil change? I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my valves. I searched and coulnd't find anything close to my problem.

Suggestions?

anarchy420

Jun 1, 2007
dude. ill bet its the rings. if they were stock then ill bet thats what it was. it happned to my friend and it turned out to just be the piston rings.

kenny305

Jan 10, 2005
Also if it helps any, the bike is running flawless expect for the smoking problem. It does not leak any oil/or burn any. It still starts first kick, and no noticable noises. Brining it up to the shop this weekend.

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
If its milky then you still have water in the oil and that is probably why its still smoking.
It it were me I would go to the parts store and get about four quarts of the cheapest oil and change it several times. Change the oil and start the bike, let it idle for 5 minutes. After it has warmed up ride it around nice and easy for another five minutes so the transmission and clutch gets worked too. Repeat this a few times and your oil should not be milkey. After the oil is not milkey, drain the cheap oil and add what ever oil you normaly use. If it still smokes then you probably have some kind of internal issues. I have a kx250 that I submerged on accident last Saturday. I had to change the oil five times before the oil was not milkey. What makes you think its something with the valves? If the valve guides are wore out then you will get smoke but not the valves alone. Get the water out so the oil is not milkey and you might be supprised in the results.

Top Bottom