Bigbore w/cylinder porting by Egorr, only $350?

XtremeAir125

Jul 5, 2001
I want to get my CR125 bored out to a 133 and have it ported for more mid to top or mo better everywhere, not sure yet? am i correct that the total process is only $350? i will be running strictly 93 octane fuel, since race gas is not available easily in my area of maine. if so, that's a hell of a bargain!! can someone clear this up for me? thanks!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
been there done that !

when you talk to him ask if he has any to exchange, he might have one on the shelf© most likey not © but it's worth a try© my brothers son did the same thing that your talking about and so far he's very happy with the out come©

Last edited:

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
Yes it is a hell of a deal!
Eric did my 250 this spring, couldn't be happier.
I'll be sending my son's to him in about a month.
I think you will find lots of folks here will say the same.

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Couldn't tell you the end result right now b/c I haven't my engine back in yet(but it will be by tonight! YIPPEEEE!YIPPEEEE!YIPPEEEE!!!! CAN'T WAIT!! I'M SOO GEEKED TO FINALLY GET IT BACK!!!!:) :confused: :eek: :cool: ), but the price is good. I had some cyl. damage and got the 0.080 over kit w/some head work and it only cost $250(that was b/c he couldn't get a piston for me. his wiseco supplier was out. otherwise it would have been $350). I had a couple of est.'s from shops in my area that were about $300-$400, but that was only for a cyl. clean up and replating. Not a hard descision, in my book, especially when everyone in here beams about him.

tentbound

Apr 2, 2001
Eric just did my '94 YZ250 with an .080 overbore. Got delayed a bit due to a Wiseco piston supply problem. When I got it back, the plating was excellent and the port chamfer pretty good as well! I think he even modified the head to keep the CR from going up so I could run pump gas.

The only thing I had to do was polish the exhaust port and PV. This is understandable as it can be very time consuming. Runs great now.

My total cost including shipping was around $ 390.

Highly recommended.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Buffmaster,
good luck with your KX. When you get worn out from riding, post back and
tell us how you like your porting and what wrecked your cylinder.
I have a '97 250 I love - I believe carb is only difference from '98.
If the sweet power can be enhanced, that sure sounds tempting!

XtremeAir125

Jul 5, 2001
WOW Eric Gorr seems to be the man around here!! Sounds like the .080 pistons are in such demand, I think I will go for the 133cc .060 I think that's the piston size :think ? Anyways, I have a 99CR125 and it rips plenty for me, I already have the FMF Fatty Pipe (Eric's website says FMF's Fatty Pipes are excellent for bikes that have been bored out), I also have the PowerCoreII Silencer, with Boyesen CF Reeds and RAD Valve. I want to get my bike punched out to a 133cc. Also over the winter, I plan on buying a 250cc carburetor for it. Because in Eric's website, he says for more power, the 99CR125 has the bigger airboot, but still needs the larger carburetor. I have a 99CR125, so should I buy the 99250 carburetor for it? If not, what's the best year for it and will it fit on my reed cage at all since my bike is a 125?? I'm really not an expert at this, but to anyone who reads this, can you share some helpful info about this topic at all? Thanks guys and keep on roosting!!

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
IT'S BAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!

Well, got to ride the beast on Sunday. HOLY CRAP!!!! ERIC, YOU DA MAN!!! That thing was a hand full until I got used to it again. The soil conditions were perfect and the bike had huevos for days. Can't wait to get some more time on it to really shake it down. Met up w/70 Marlin at a priv. MX track for an open ride. Great guy and very helpful. Helped me bang out a rad. cap boo-boo from a baby crash. Thanks Pat. Anyway, it's got the .080 over kit and so far, I love it. It doesn't have a ton more power, but you can deffinately tell the difference and I am thoroughly happy with it. I had no problem keeping up w/all the little twigs on 2 wheels that had a serious weight advantage.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Been to the dark side!

glad to here every thing worked out for ya! so can ya walk yet ? I can't legs still to sore©I would have like to ride/ race ya a little bit© I evened raced some one for a lap or two and beat him! I can see why some people go to the dark side© ¥MX¤ I still think this old trail ride is going stay where he belongs, in the woods© but it was really fun meeting up! so you going to drag them two bud's of yours up to trail fest ?

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
A little OT. SORRY

Cool! Glad you had fun. Can't wait to race hare's next year. MX and Woods. Ya gotta love that! I'll try to go, but can't promise. They might go w/out me, thou'

OKKX'er - Did it being a dumba$$. Really hot day out and I was ripping down a fire road, 5th WFO @ 40:1. The thrust washer and a bearing from the bottom of the con. rod decided to take a trip thru the engine. Wasn't pretty. So, after forking out almost $800, I've got an almost new, rippin' motor!

Top Bottom