Bike and trailer stolen. So. Cal.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Stolen from the Riverside area of Southern California. Brand new, KTM 65 SX #229 on number plate and brand new two axel white trailer, no plates, says FACTORY MINI in big black letters on both sides. BILLS PIPES decal on front.

Stolen from driveway after 10:00 P.M. Tuesday night.

Police said someone most likely followed them home from Perris.

Please keep your eyes open.

Thank you.

Ol'89r

More info.

Trailer is a Dico 16' TWO axel. Also has Montclair Yamaha sticker on both sides in blue.

Bike is stock with orange brush guards and zip tie holding the hydraulic clutch resevoir cap on.

Trailer Vin #. 4AGCU1821YC032796

Bike Vin #. VBKMRA2352MO35812

Where's that Elk guy? There's never a cop around when you need one.:silly:

Last edited:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I will be at El Mirage this weekend. There will probably be at ton of minis but I will look for the mini and trailer combo.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I'll be on the lookout also, my son will be at Glamis this weekend, I will make sure he takes a printout of this.

*******s

opps I guess I can't say *******s

Ok then try this Bass Tards

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm right here where you left me! I've got the info and am on the job. What a bummer.

Elk

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Thanks guys. Yes, Max is pretty bummed. All of his riding gear and new helmet was in the trailer also.

Elk. Thank you, we really appreciate your help.

Those of you with trailers be aware. The Sheriff said that this is happening a lot lately. Even trailers that are left hooked up and backed up against a house. They cut into the sides of them and steal the bikes and contents. When you leave the track, make sure no one is following you.

Ol'89r

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
These are the kinda guys that when caught, the victim gets to "talk" to them first. Oh, in a perfect world. Start checking the recycler, I'll send the word to my friends out in the Riverside area. This is the kinda thing that really gets my blood going. I don'y know the local KTM shop out there, but you probably do. Go there and post something about it and talk to the mechanics. Hope it works out for ya.
Elk

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Elk, etal.

CHP found the trailer, completly empty. They found it in Mead Valley on Cedar across from Markham.

Also, there were several new tires in the trailer including a few SHINKO tires. If you see anyone trying to sell Shinko tires, try to get some info on them.

Our local Dealer is Malcolm Smith, we will check with them.

Thanks again.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Mead valley, now THAT'S a surprise. That tells me that these guys sit over on the corner by the Perris track and watch the riders leave. They have to sit over by the Mobil station and hamburger stand there. They live out in mead valley so that's why it was dumped there. I'll take a ride out there next week and cruise the "hood". I'll look for the little jerk trying to ride a ktm at the corner dirt lot. I'll also get the report from Riverside CHP and see exactly where it was dumped. Usually pretty close to their lair. I'll also check the brothers selling their "stuff" on the corners of mead valley, Cajalco Road usually. Hope we can find these idiots. I'll do what I can. 89'r, I'll get with you next week and give you a call.
Elk

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
I'm right here where you left me! I've got the info and am on the job.

Ya know, I think that Elk fella has one of those fancy new laptops in his squad car, and high speed wireless internet access. Probably can get away with surfing DRN, as it is job related - you go Elk.

Man, stolen bikes, makes me so :mad: We seriously need some kind of micro satellite tracking device for our bikes, contacted onstar and they can't help. Wish there was something we could do proactively to secure our bikes.

Still no sightings of the DRZ, it is long gone (and I am still paying for it ! :ugg: )

Hope you can track the bike and trailer down.

Alan
BB

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Actually Bundu, it's at my desk and if there is any way I can make it work related, I'll do it. It gives me a reason for being here and I can also help out with guys that need info on their bikes or try and find them. I wish there was a sure fire way to stop these idiots but there's not. All you can do is watch your stuff like a hawk, don't "advertise" you garage by leaving it open and watch for people that don't belong in your neighborhood. Good luck
Elk

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
Mead valley, now THAT'S a surprise.
Elk

Elk. Those were exactly my thoughts.

The night the trailer was stolen, there was a guy hanging around in the pits riding a 125. It was mini practise night and nothing bigger than an 80 was allowed on the track. So, he wasn't there to ride.

He checked out the back of the trailer several times and was lurking around some tools that they had in the back of their p-u. He even came into the trailer one time and asked them about some suspension work. My son-in-law said, they felt uneasy about this guy. Also, they were the last one's to leave the pits.

We are going to go there next tuesday night to see if he is there.

Maybe everyone needs to install a Lojac or some kind of homing device in their trailers.

Thanks again for all of your help Elk.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hey 89er, call me at my office when you can or check your email for some info. Thanks

Carlo
714-705-6010

02yz125

Sep 25, 2001
Hey Elk,
I think you mentioned a while back that you would run a VIN# for us if we ran across something or found/had something suspicious. If so could you pm or e-mail me. Thanks in advance

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
it makes me so mad when i hear these stories, dont forget to look at the cycletrader and also ocautotrader websites, clutching at straws but you never know!!

i wish i had someone like elk on my team when i lost 2 bikes a few years ago.

ps: elk, hopefully in the next few weeks i will be contacting you for a vin# check, i am not to far off finally getting a bike..thanks in advance!

cheers

bruce

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I remember Bruce, let me know. I think 89r is gonna keep me busy for a while. I'd love to get a hold of these guys. WATCH YOUR STUFF! There is also alot of identity fraud right now so keep an eye on your mail and don't leave your wallets and purses (89r) in your cars! Cya
Elk

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I really hope you get these guys!
Did you guys here about the thieves that stole a little guys bike up here this weekend in Hesperia? It was his Christmas present. It seems he and dad were taking a lunch break, and the theives ran up and tossed Jrs. bike into the back of their pick-up. Mom saw it, yelled at them, and dad came out and took off after them on his bike. Says he was tapped out in fifth gear and couldn"t keep up, but fortunately(?) another gentleman stuck the nose of his truck (accidently) into the path of the theives and re-directed them off the road and into some bushes and a pole. The impact caused Jrs. bike to fly out of the truck. Don't know the damadges to the bike, but the thieves are in the hospital. Ahh, justice!:moon:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Man, that's definately justice! I mean, oh how terrible, that poor pole!:)
People have to stick together and take care of each others stuff, that's all I have to say. Nobody will do it for us, that's for sure. I'm taking a ride out to Mead Valley, the garden spot, and do some lookin and stirrin. Maybe the little roaches will scatter when the light goes on!!

Elk

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
And I love Texas!!:) Thanks
Elk

YZ250

Feb 14, 2001
Elk

I've got an awesome idea..... That show on tv called Cops is always filmed in Texas. You should get on the show and maybe do some dirtbike investigation work. ;) Now that would be Saturday night entertainment:aj:

Ps. I hope you get your bike back. Living in Canada is great, not completly crime free but not to bad. (Little cold at the moment though:eek: )

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
YZ, I hate to admit this but I was already on the show we had here, The Real Stories of the Highway Patrol. It was pretty fun cause the episode I was in was a pursuit I had. The funny part about it was that it had rained that day so I had to get off my motor and get in a car, then we got the pursuit. You ever see a guy drive a car like a bike? It was pretty funny, but we did catch him though. It's what matters at the finish line right!!:)
Elk

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by txvintage
Ya know Elk, I don't care what everyone else says, you're an OK guy....
I told you once and I'll tell you again, stay away from that guy he is nothing but trouble (unless you scooter has been stolen). ;)

Hey Hollywood (Elk, that's you new name) we need to get out and bang bars soon, it's been to long.

I'll keep my eyes open for Max's scooter. Dirty rat, yellow belly, no good scum sucking leaches better hope that I don't come across them. If I do I'll call my brother from another mother.......Hollywood.

Top Bottom