Bike and trailer stolen. So. Cal.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thumbs, my brother from another mother! I was just thinking about you yesterday, wondering where you've been. I need a ride badly, I was thinking of next week some time. Stay in touch so's we can bang the bars. But, the only way to bang bars is for YOU to keep up!:p That hollywood name sucks!:moon:

f4, I was in Santa Ana since 88 and then over here in Garden Grove since 98. I work with Westminster CHP all the time. Small world isn't it?!:) Email me at work at tell me who he is. cmarzocca@chp.ca.gov
Elk

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Justice is great, isn't it? I fully know why cops become cops. In fact, if zia would have said "ok", I'd have chosen that career instead.

But the other day I got to take part in busting a cattle rustler on my own (sort of)- zia gets up early to go outside & fetch the paper (she's a great woman!) and sees this guy across the street yanking on my neighbors BIG Sago Palm. This is at 6 am, mind you, the sun had been up for several minutes. She runs into the house to tell me she thinks someone's stealing their tree... I run outside in my skivies & beater while she dials 911. I see this big white box van and a guy in the cab, yanking the tree into the cab onto his lap- it was a feat a contortionist would have been proud of. Apparently he had seen my wife and got spooked and didn't feel he had time to toss it in the back. While I'm running towards him yelling, he starts to take off, with the tree still in his lap. I don't know how he could see. I was looking all over the truck for markings, etc, at the same time panicking, not knowing what to do. There was no front plate, so I waited for him to pass me (thank God he didn't decide to run me over) and find he had bent down the plate to avoid anyone writing it down. I start running after him in my bare feet, looking for rocks as I go to throw (out of desparation) but realize he's getting away, so I run back to the house & grab my keys. I spent the next 20 minutes tearing all over the local streets, knowing he had to stop somewhere to fix his rear plate and get that tree out of his lap, but I couldn't find him. When I got back to the neighborhood, a local officer had shown up & was taking info from the homeowners. I gave him as much detailed info on the van as I could, but really was upset that I had failed. This was probably a $1000 tree, minimum, and they had just bought it a few weeks ago. I could have grabbed my gun (thankfully I was smart enough not to), I could have jumped in front of him as he tried to get away (again, used that thing called common sense), could have grabbed a brick from my pile by the garbage cans & tossed it through the window.... all these things were running through my head afterwards. I apologized to my neighbors, I really felt sick. This bothered me a lot. But an hour later, we got a call- they caught the jerk!!! Apparently I had given enogh info & they were able to catch this guy within 10 miutes of our call. Turns out he was an illegal, too, so he's been deported as well. That made my day. They got their tree back, & it's gonna make it. Boy, I can tell you- no one better ever mess with me or my neighbors. I've proved to myself that I'm stupid enough to go after them in my boxers and bare feet.

Keep up the good work, elk. Maybe I can be an honorary deputy?

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Sooooo..........you're NOT shy! ;)

That was pretty cool of you. Some people will just stand idly by and watch something like that happen, not THEIR problem. :mad:
It's amazing what comes out in someone in a situation like that. I've run down the street after some car theives in the middle of the night before. Not a clue what I would do with them if I were to actually have caught them! :eek:
Instinct can be a scary thing.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Great Zio, now You can be Barney and I can move up to Andy!:) Tree stealing is big around here too, those boogers are worth a bunch. I've got all my neighbors watching everyone elses stuff. We've thwarted off some would be little jerks and it makes everyone feel good. I can't say that I've run out in my skibbies though, at least on purpose!:p
We've got some turds stealing our mail now, that's been a big deal lately. Two words, IDENTITY THEFT.

The illegal tried to make like a tree and LEAVE.:):)

Elk

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I used to go out after the weekend paper in my boxers----my wife was always so embarrassed.:o She finally had to convince me how un-attractive it was to get me to stop.:moon:
I get the same mental picture when I think of Elk on 'scibbie' patrol!
:cool: <---I need these now.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Well at least you were in your boxers! Might scare those lizards out there!:):) Skibbie patrol! You kill me.
Elk

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm not sure GSR but I bet we could get to the ROOT of the problem!!
Elk

Top Bottom